Beta South Island Enduro

Tell us all the gorey details!

Beta South Island Enduro

Postby masta-BETA » Sun May 04, 2014 9:55 pm

Hey there, I have just uploaded a clip of my first race in 17 years to you tube if anyone is interested. As I wasn't working the weekend I decided to head south for 500Km to Alexandra for the third round of the Beta South Island Enduro series, I was entered into the intermediate class I somehow managed to finish second in class and posted fastest time on one timed section, as I had know idea how the race was run I'm glad I refused Number 1a when I signed on but accepted number 6,as this would have had me setting off with the first bunch of riders, I pulled over to let the faster riders past a few times during the day, I over shot one corner on a downhill so I stopped but decided not to turn and re-join the track as I knew there were four bikes coming up fast behind me so I stayed put so they could get past cleanly glad I stayed put as the four of them also thought the track went straight ahead had guys yelling out as they shot past, had two go down each side of me dam close an fast they where all lucky there was enough run off space to pull up if I had turned to the left I would have taken out two guys dam it was close,got my ass kicked by a 22 year old chick Georgie Wight on a crf 250 dam could she ride had to pull over to let her past a few times also passed her when she stalled or crashed a couple of times turns out she's also a mechanic at the local Honda dealer. I had an awesome weekend away I rode 124km with a highest speed of 105kph and an average speed of 29kph. I only threw the bike away once on a slow rocky up hill climb no damage but I was pretty dam shattered at the end of the day. There were times when I got sun strike on some hill climbs and when the sun disappeared behind rocks hills brush and stuff me eyeballs couldn't adjust in time so I had to follow the dark narrow patch between the lighter rocks and bush off to the side, there were lots of hidden rocks just off to the side of the track that would take you out if you hit them, I did have my feet ripped off the pegs a few times from hitting rocks dam hurt my big toes a couple of times. One guy Rob hit a bigish rock that was hiding behind a bush end result was a helicopter ride to hospital with a broken leg, Cheers Richard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW0E_MomS30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGFOY_Y8q-M
masta-BETA

Return to Ride Reports