Need Flybars new bike review!!

Tell us all the gorey details!

Need Flybars new bike review!!

Postby mtdirtbag » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:09 am

Waiting with baited breath(or is that bated??)for a review of your new ride. We are close in age and your comments would be helpful, looking forward to how it fits you and the like. I probably would not have mine lowered as the Beta is approx 2.5 inches lower in seat height than my YZ250, that is if I purchase one. I have not seen one as yet and of course have not had the opportunity to ride one, going to Iowa to visit oldest son & family and there is a Beta dealer a short ways from his home.
14 Beta 300RR
07 DR650
mtdirtbag

Re: Need Flybars new bike review!!

Postby flybars » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:02 pm

I love this bike! Went on 3 rides last week totaling 247 miles. My last ride was Friday and we put 107 miles on my odometer. Still had some fuel left in the 3.1 gal. IMS tank. So it must be getting good gas mileage. I ordered it thru Frank at Franks Motor Bikes in Bellevue, Wa. He took good care of me. He's been riding for over 30 years and still competes in trials. And just got himself a Beta 250rr. So he's not just a salesman.
This bike is so smooth and turns so easy. Love the e-start. I had the Rekluse exp auto clutch installed too. Hands and wrists ailments. They jet your bike to what elevations U ride. Mine is jetted for 2500 to 4900 ft and is crisp and revs to the moon and pulls from idle, yet so smooth, easy to ride!
It's street legal so I only had to add turn signals to ride on the street. He actually drove me down to the dol and we walked out with license plate and tags and registration less than 20 minutes later. I had no idea he was gonna do that for me. Talk about going above and beyond!
Suspension gets plusher with each ride. I just ordered some softer, larger diameter grips to cushion my hands a bit more. This bike feels lighter and steers so effortlessly, yet I had it up to 72 mph on a gravel road and it was very stable. This thing climbs too. And I like the breaks a lot. I love the fact that the oil drain plug is on the side of the motor like my XR. So quick and easy. Air filter is so easy to switch out too. Compared to my Gasgas's it's a lot easier to do maintenance on. Love the one push button seat removal! The seat is a tad on the hard side, but my sit bones are adjusting. It real easy to adjust position forward and back on it. Can't believe how quiet the pipe is too. I ordered the FMF Q with spark arrester. Need that here if U ride offroad. This is the absolute best choice of bike for me, how I ride, where I ride, and will a great bike to improve my skills on.
Let me know if U have any questions and U can pm me too.
'14 300rr
flybars

Postby mtdirtbag » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:08 am

Thanks Flybars! I'll have to go to Frank's when I'm on the wet coast when I visit my other two sons, it would be interesting if I could ride both the 250 & 300rr in the same day, but I think the 300 would suit me better for the steep here in NW MT. My YZ is set-up with the Rekluse Pro and I had the Z-start in my previous 99 & 04 and it is requirement anymore as it sure helps out when the day is long and my 71 yrs start to show up. Plus with E-start I don't have to look for a place to stop so that I can reach the kickstarter in that I'm 5'6" with a 29" inseam. I still like a lively bike and do motocross a couple of times a year in the Oldtimers series.

Thanks again, Tom
14 Beta 300RR
07 DR650
mtdirtbag

Postby flybars » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:56 am

I have a '03 gg ec250 and a '05 ggde300 and this Beta 300 is so much fun to ride compared to the de300. It rides like my 250 but with great bottom for our steep technical mountain trails. And U can wind each gear out like a 250. And I haven't touched it yet, but the power valve is adjustable. Mine was set at 2 turns in and it is very tractable and smooth, no hit at all. I recommend the 300 for your mountain terrain too. Thanks for listening. Bob.
'14 300rr
flybars

Return to Ride Reports