2016 NorthEast 24hr Challenge

ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

2016 NorthEast 24hr Challenge

Postby GMP » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:53 pm

It's official. Entries open Jan 1, 2016. After this year's event I suspect the 120 entries will sell out faster.
http://www.arcadiabarkbusters.com
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Re: 2016 NorthEast 24hr Challenge

Postby bmrev01 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:07 am

Guys in our club are trying to get Brian and I to do it this year. I know a few that raced the team event and had a blast.
Dave
bmrev01

Postby GMP » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:38 pm

Entries are already half full!
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby mcnut » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:23 am

I'm glad I'm not an up & coming racer today. Hell, I have a hard time committing to weekend plans, let alone races that are many months in the future. The promoters have the upper hand, I guess. What really sucks is when you're injured and can't ride an event you paid for six months in advance. Refund? Almost never!
mcnut

Postby twowheels » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:56 am

mcnut wrote:I'm glad I'm not an up & coming racer today. Hell, I have a hard time committing to weekend plans, let alone races that are many months in the future. The promoters have the upper hand, I guess. What really sucks is when you're injured and can't ride an event you paid for six months in advance. Refund? Almost never!

Right, but it also gives guys a chance to work out a hall pass with the missus :lol:

The Arcadia event allows you to alter your team structure for some time, so if plans change based on work/health/etc you can still mix things up. I'm not a fan of the NEPG model where your spot gets sold again if you can't make it - you can't transfer to a buddy.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby GMP » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:09 pm

Team entry going in soon. Same five as last year for starters, six is the max. Commitment and $60 gets you the last spot and a very unique experience.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby twowheels » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:03 pm

Less than a day away - the PlusOnePerformance team will be setting up our pits mid-day Friday in anticipation of the 10am Saturday start. With the inaugural race under our belts as experience we're hoping for a better finish in the Sportsman class this year.

If you're in the Andover area stop over and check out the race and cheer us on :D
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
twowheels

Postby Hawkeye » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:48 am

Good luck guys! I'm sure the experience you gained last year will pay off big dividends this year. The biggest challenge I would think to all the teams would be mechanical problems or crashes that drag down the lap time averages and or time in the pits.

Keep us posted and if it is orange, run it down and kill it! :P
"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."
Hawkeye

Postby twowheels » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:23 pm

The weekend has come and gone, and with it the 2016 NE24 Challenge. The PlusOnePerformance team fielded six riders this year, and having the sixth man definitely helped things run smoother. In the end the team logged 35 laps to bring home 28th of 37 in the Sportsman A/B class. As a reference, last year the team completed only 32 laps but finished 19th of 23 starters.

New York is under a drought warning, and in the case of the Kent Tree Farm, it could also be under a silt alert. The finely ground up "moistureless mud" permeated every goggle vent, caked every surface on the 1600 acre property, and generally resembled riding in Nestle Quik. Much of teh course carried over from last year, albeit in the reverse direction. The resultant dust meant that if someone passed you or you closed on another rider it was hard to see in the daylight and near unto impossible to see at night.

Well-devised lighting made the night racing easier, as did the memory of having ridden at night the previous year. A sudden fall and the subsequent headlight re-aiming in the pits slowed things down, as did being caught in an uphill silt bowl, trapped by a pair of roots.

As if to show what a badass he is, Jedediah Haines solo'd the race, completing as many laps as our entire team and winning the Ironman class.

Racing for 24 hours straight is tough, especially at night, when everything starts to go a little sideways. Fun though, so look for us back next year in some shape or form.
twowheels

Postby mcnut » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:09 am

Dust = yuck!
mcnut

Next

Return to Off Road Racer's Corner