First race on the new bike

ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

First race on the new bike

Postby mtdirtbag » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:23 am

One or our local motocross tracks puts on what he calls an enduro, he has approx 30 acres of foothills ground that is in an area about 40 miles South of where I live that gets much less snow during the winter than we do. Well I teamed up with another old guy, each running 3 laps of just under 5 miles each lap and then switching(this was more like a hare scramble)there were 7 teams in the Vet class (30 and above, what you're a Vet?) they called the finish after the winner (team or ironman) completed 25 laps. We got in 20 laps with me contributing 9. We joked we won the combined age group at 139 yrs of age. Bike worked well, the old body not as well, it should be broke in now(the bike not the body). I think this will motivate me to get back into my workouts, as it was sad that by the 3rd lap I was sucking wind and having to sit a lot on that board they call a seat. I'm really liking the bike and can't wait to see how it works on the trails, it actually worked quite well at the race which got really whooped out during the 4 hours. Thanks to Steve (Enmerdeur) for the fork settings, they seemed to work well - but I'm also guilty of not playing with them during the race, shock seemed excellent at stock settings, never did check the sag which I had planned to do at the race when I would have someone to help me.

I'm happy! By the way, it seemed as nimble and planted as my modified 09 YZ250, since I did not want to run out of gas I can not report on fuel mileage at this point. Did notice that I hit a high of 55 mph on the only straight stretch which was between an 1/8 to 1/4 mile, gotta love the speedometer.
14 Beta 300RR
07 DR650
mtdirtbag

Re: First race on the new bike

Postby flybars » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:44 pm

Glad U like the bike. I finally had enough of the 2x4 seat and sent my seat pan to Seat Concepts. The most comfortable seat I've ever had. They call it a dualsport seat, but I have no trouble sliding forward/backwards. And the gripper cover keeps U in place on those steep climbs. Far better seat than my Guts Racing soft seats on other bikes.
'14 300rr
flybars

Re: First race on the new bike

Postby mtdirtbag » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:15 pm

Thanks flybars; I'm going to give it more time and see if breaks down somewhat. I will keep seat concepts in mind tho. Hoping to get more time on it this weekend if I can round someone up to try a spot that normally clears of snow that is 60 miles from here; we got another inch or so last night & this morning - it has warmed up and melted most of what fell. The never ending winter!
14 Beta 300RR
07 DR650
mtdirtbag

Return to Off Road Racer's Corner