JDay Winter Race 01/31/2015

ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

JDay Winter Race 01/31/2015

Postby bmrev01 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:37 pm

My son raced my new County Cycles 250 rr race today at the first JDAY winter series race.He races in the A 250 class for both JDAY and the NETRA series. My son had a bad start in the first moto but was able to move through the pack due to a pile up in the first corner. He rode smart and stayed up during the entire race and ended the 30 minute moto in 1st. His buddy was right behind him in 2 nd place on a yamaha. The second Moto he was side by side for the hotshot with another racer and went into the woods in the lead. After leading the race for the first 4 laps and his riding buddy and best friend right on his tail he bobbled with a lapper and his buddy made a clean pass.He stayed close and followed for 1 lap and waited for a pass or mistake.His friend rides very well and my son wasn't sure he would be able to get back to first but stayed close so if the chance was there he would take it. His friend caught a slower rider and made a slight mistake and my son was able to make a clean pass to regain the lead. I was watching this action with his Dad and we both said as long as they finish and didn't get hurt it didn't matter what place they were in. The last lap was intense as they were almost Bar To Bar coming into the barrels. The best part of the day besides seeing close racing friends was when they finished the race the stopped just after the scoring barrels they both gave each other congratulation hugs for a great race. That was worth much more than the 3 dollars plastic trophy......This was the first race that he rode my Beta and place in 1st in A 250 and 6th overall finishing ahead of many AA racers. To say the least I was pumped for a great Safe Day. His riding buddy finished 2 in A 250 and 8th overall.
Thanks
Dave
bmrev01

Re: JDay Winter Race 01/31/2015

Postby mtdirtbag » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:29 pm

Congrats to your son and his friend, must have been great racing.
14 Beta 300RR
07 DR650
mtdirtbag

Postby Johnny Depp » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:31 pm

thanks for the report, sounds like a great day. I assume you are inferring that the Beta may have helped get his best finish ever? :D
Johnny Depp

Postby bmrev01 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:14 am

I would be lying if I said that but he rode it well with limited seat time. I changed out the bars to the style he likes and and adjusted the sag and he hit the line. He said he liked the bike and did not have any major complaints. He has a 2 New Ktm's and is a big fan of them so to not find something to complain about is huge. We are working towards him racing it next weekend at the NETRA Snow Run Enduro and would love a solid finish there. As I told my buddy at the race any top 5 finish in his class is a job done well as all these racers run very well. My plan is to go through the bike this week to make sure we are set to go for Sunday. Not sure if I mentioned it in my first post but we had a bunch of eyes on the Beta at this race......Also guys that didn't know us were shooting instagram videos of the bike and him racing it pretty cool.
thanks
Dave
bmrev01

Postby bmrev01 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:19 pm

Heading out for the 2nd winter JDay Race @6 a.m. The NETRA Snow Run has been Postponed till March 1st due to too much snow lol We are hoping for a fun, Safe day tomorrow. I will provide a race report soon. I asked if he wanted to load up his KTM or the County Cycles Beta and guess what in the trailer lol the BETA!!
I did find a few loose bolts after the event and think we should be good for the event Sat.
Thanks
bmrev01

Postby Knobbiethrower » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:58 am

Good luck!
2011 HUSABERG 390 FE
Knobbiethrower

Postby bmrev01 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:19 pm

We just unloaded the Truck and Trailer 14 hour Day. We had another great time today. Brian was feeling good and headed for the line on my County Cycles 2015 250 RR Race for Moto 1 around 10:30 am. He had a horrible start second to last out of 10 a 250 racers. He worked his way up to 4 after the first lap and then to 2 after lap 2. Brian had his friend Anthony right on his tail and they were pushing hard to get to the front. Both kids rode clean and pushed hard but were unable to take the lead from another racer Tanner. Tanner finished the first moto in 1, Brian takes second on my Beta and his buddy Anthony came in 3rd. The second moto Brian had a much better start and hit the woods in 3 place with Tanner and another racer in the mix. I think Anthony was in 6 or 7 off the start of this moto. Brian rode harder than he has in a long time but could not make the pass on Tanner. Brian stayed in 2 place the whole race with one bobble when trying to make a pass on a lapper. Tanner won the event today with Brian taking second place and his best bud Anthony taking 5th. All in All great day at the track no injuries or issues with the Beta.....I am getting many question concerning the Beta and all I can say is so far the bike is great. The only concern many other racers are asking are how are to get parts for. My only answer is time will tell and I hope it is o.k. if we ever need any parts.
Sorry Brian finished 11th overall today and Tanner finished 9 th overall.
By the way my son who owns 3 KTM's said on the way home tonight if the bike keeps performing this way we may want to switch from orange to Red..lol
Thanks for following The posting and taking the time to read my posts.......
Kudos to our sponsors
KUTA Electric
County Cycles
Fly Racing
Enduro Engineering
Moto Worx
bmrev01

Return to Off Road Racer's Corner