Got my 1st win on the Beta.

ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Got my 1st win on the Beta.

Postby redrider » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:01 pm

VCHSS 40B class win this past Sunday. Caught, passed and put 2 minutes on the 30B winner too so he owes me a beer.

Last weeks race in central Va was more of a tight technical trail for the first 6 miles, then spent 3 miles in some awesome flowing pines and ended doing a lap on an MX track. (VCHSS is an AMA grand prix series so anything goes as long as it's mostly woods trail) I've figured out that the Beta shines in the technical and quick pine forest with lots of short sprints and diving turns. This 300 feels nimble like a KTM 200 in the technical stuff but you know it's a 300 when you ask it for some quick torque. I still have to get better in the higher speed chopped up open trails where a 4 stroke shines, but I'm improving on that.

Next week is our first mountain race and I can't wait. Thinking of going to a 50T rear and experimenting with a trials tire a little before then. Loving my new bike!!
redrider

Re: Got my 1st win on the Beta.

Postby BassMan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:27 pm

Congratulations! Oh and if you like your rear light, take it off. Mine was there before the porter cave race, and not there after! Lol
BassMan

Postby redrider » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:04 pm

Yeah, my bike is stripped of everything but the E start and the wiring has been minimized. I knew I'd end up breaking all that stuff.
redrider

Postby twowheels » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:40 pm

Way to go Walt!
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby BassMan » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:56 am

redrider wrote:Yeah, my bike is stripped of everything but the E start and the wiring has been minimized. I knew I'd end up breaking all that stuff.

I ended up doing that also. Of course at first didn't realize the black wire ran through the lights back to the starter relay. No fun tracing a wiring diagram in Italiano colors!
BassMan

Postby GMP » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:51 am

Good job Walt! They moved me up to A SSR this year, so my podium days are likely over for awhile. :(

Yeah, I stripped most of the wiring up front before I rode the bike. That mess behind the light had to go. The harness is still bulky under the tank and I'll eventually cut and strip it completely. In preparation for some night riding this summer, and a 24 hr team race, I added some waterproof coaxial power connectors to the harness for LED headlight and light bar power. Very clean.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby redrider » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:42 pm

Thanks fellas!

Glenn, I'm currently ranked A by our series calculation after 3 events but we'll see how it pans out with 10 more to go. I dropped back to race my age class this year and it's tough to rank up from row 11 the way our points system works. Ranking A from there will be an accomplishment almost as nice as winning the class helmet. Next year I'll jump back up and race the kids if they don't punch my A card, but if I'm close I may go ahead and self promote......then I'll know how you feel.
redrider

Postby redrider » Sun May 24, 2015 7:27 pm

Another Beta (quick starter!) Hole-shot and win!
redrider

Postby twowheels » Sun May 24, 2015 10:40 pm

Well done Walt!
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby Mark Donovan » Mon May 25, 2015 5:05 am

Love it! Looks like the wise old guys are using the Beta advantage to beat the youngsters. Hope they don't figure it out. Hey wait a min I hope they do figure it out and we sell more Betas' LOL
Mark Donovan
Adventure Off Road
2539 Highway 43 South
Leoma Tn. 38468
931-852-5445
http://www.thebetaclub.com
2014 300RR Race Edition
Mark Donovan

Location: Leoma Tennessee Beta Motorcycle sales/parts/suspension/service

Next

Return to Off Road Racer's Corner