Danny McCanney to Buano Beta!

ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Danny McCanney to Buano Beta!

Postby twowheels » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:31 pm

First Hawkeye, now McCanney ... GasGas' loss is Beta's gain.

He'll be mounted on a 300RR in EWC (Junior) and SuperEnduro (prestige class). Public introduction this weekend in Poland.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Re: Danny McCanney to Buano Beta!

Postby Hawkeye » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:09 pm

Uh, thanks. I wonder if it was the old "Seven degrees of Separation from Kevin Bacon" phenomena. Let see... I told GMP, GMP told Flybars, Flybars told...

Nah, probably just because Beta was a better bike all around. Design, finish, performance and about 25lbs lighter. This latter statement is currently under review and protest by the GG faithful. Once they get past that, they can start dealing with the earth is round theory.
"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."
Hawkeye

Postby flybars » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:02 am

Lmao!
'14 300rr
flybars

Postby Beta Steve » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:07 am

For reasons unknown even to me, I still check what the GG folks have to say a couple times a week. They will NEVER accept how much lighter and better a Beta is. Seems they prefer to hang their hopes on the '14. Don't get me wrong I still love the trials bikes they produce, but the off road bikes, and riders, appear to be stuck in the last century. Can't wait for a '14 300 comparison, hopefully with the new Sherco, GG, Beta and Huskaberg up against the KTM, which will likely again win. One rag commented them the best new bikes out, without even riding it...
Beta Steve

Postby bazza » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:16 pm

Great news that Danny is on a Beta now, he seems to be really stoked by the deal and the efforts of everyone invovled to get him the ride. Even GGUK sent their congratulations and best wishes! It will be interesting to see how he fairs against his brother Jamie now that he is on the Beta and Jamie has stepped up to a bigger Husky (not sure if it's a 250 or 300). Jamie had the upper hand riding the wheels off the little 125 and initial results on the bigger bike have shown that he has adapted to it well. Interesting times ahead and good to see the 2 young Manxmen getting the backing to continue their careers. Good luck to them both for next year, but especially to Danny!
PS I also check back in with GGRC every now and again just to see what's new but it always seems to be the same old same old :roll:
bazza

Return to Off Road Racer's Corner