racing the x-trainer

ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Re: racing the x-trainer

Postby betajuice » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:43 pm

i'd agree a good rider on the xtrainer can be fast, having seen trevor campbell in the video below getting some good air on an mx track even with the stock suspension. but it was interesting to see that while he looked fast on the endurocross track, his lap times were slower than the ones where he rode a RR480. i suspect the gap would be at least narrowed if the xtrainer suspension was beefed up.

TREVOR CAMPBELL: BETA XTRAINER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuGrHr0_IkI
betajuice

Postby Vspec » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:50 am

betajuice wrote:i'd agree a good rider on the xtrainer can be fast, having seen trevor campbell in the video below getting some good air on an mx track even with the stock suspension. but it was interesting to see that while he looked fast on the endurocross track, his lap times were slower than the ones where he rode a RR480. i suspect the gap would be at least narrowed if the xtrainer suspension was beefed up.

TREVOR CAMPBELL: BETA XTRAINER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuGrHr0_IkI

Oh, I'm not denying that the Sach suspension is not better but the general public is fast to rag on the stock suspension.
Vspec

Postby Angustoyou » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:57 pm

The xtrainer is a great bike to start hare scrambles on, but if you're looking to do them regular and race them competitively then the RR would soon be on your list as an upgrade.

Totally agree with the earlier post, if the height is a big issue go for the xtrainer, but budget for fork and shock upgrades, and accept that no amount of time or money will make it into an RR for a short arse.

It's a great bike, I love mine for H&H and play days, but I'm not a racer. H&H for me is just bike time.
Angustoyou

Previous

Return to Off Road Racer's Corner