NETRA Snow Run Enduro 08/16/15

ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

NETRA Snow Run Enduro 08/16/15

Postby bmrev01 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:05 pm

Sunday August 16 th had Brian and Kate heading back to Ct to Race the NETRA Snow Run Enduro. The snow run was scheduled to be raced in Feb but due to the large snow base it was postponed twice. I was not able to attend this event due to a fishing tournament I had scheduled. Brian was going to run my Beta 250 Rr for this event as the bike needs insurance and registration to compete. The event was planned for aprox. 90 ground miles and was brand X format. We had preregistered for this event and were hoping for a lower number as the course is known to be tough. Brian was a little concerned as he was handed number #1 A. I talked with him and told him to ride smart and use his head. The problem with number 1 is the track is not burned in and the corners are hard to located. Kate did an amazing job preparing for Brian's gas stop. She had picked up fresh fruit and cold drinks for him. Kate also sent me many texts to let me know things were going well.
At the end of the special test the top 5 riders had to re run the section due to time keeping errors. Brian mentioned he pushed very hard at the test to try to stay up top. Well it worked..... Brian finished the event with A Highpoint 1st A light and 3rd PLace overall. This was his best finish yet and will help keep him in the top 5 for the season. I appreciate you spending the time reading our race reports.

Thanks to our Sponsors and Friends County Cycle, Fly Racing,Kuta Electric Contrators, Motoworx,139 Designs, Acerbis, Enduro Engineering.
bmrev01

Re: NETRA Snow Run Enduro 08/16/15

Postby JRider » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:31 pm

Yup he killed it agian! :P Chatted with him for a few while they were scoring. He mentioned struggling with some of the fresh cut,...been there done that. Look for the orange and bonzi it! The course was a very challenging mix, before gas was a snotty, boney, hill after hill that had a lot of guys swearing that it wasn't their bike they were on. After gas things dried out a bit. The next few tests were fast, rocky cart road sections with some fresh cut mixed in "fun factor was high". Then the see what your made of for last, the A/B only section that was super technical, jungle like single track with downed logs everywhere. Then to cap it off was the special test across from the start. It was 0.9 mile test on a large hillside with a rock garden thrown in..
IMHO what a New England Enduro should be.
14 300rr

Ride it like you stole it!
JRider

Re: NETRA Snow Run Enduro 08/16/15

Postby bmrev01 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:28 am

That will the last one we preregiater for as he was on the 1A He hates trying to worry about the arrows...If it was not for me he won't not even load the route sheet. He believes every club arrows the same haha I told him way back in the day people would switch arrows just to screw with us.
Thanks
bmrev01

Return to Off Road Racer's Corner