Newbie about Pipe Guards and Wiring Harness??

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Re: Newbie about Pipe Guards and Wiring Harness??

Postby GMP » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:08 pm

Pipe is actually higher than others but sticks out a little more on the right. It's also thinner than a gnarly but makes nice smooth power. I'm a rock rider and got the Force guard from Beta Australia. So far so good.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby happy seal » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:36 pm

GMP wrote:Pipe is actually higher than others but sticks out a little more on the right. It's also thinner than a gnarly but makes nice smooth power. I'm a rock rider and got the Force guard from Beta Australia. So far so good.

That's a relief! Thanks. 8-)
Be carefull, think first!

Join the NRA!
happy seal

Postby masta-BETA » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:13 pm

Hey there,check out this for a pipe guard,this is what the South Africans are building my ktm had been imported from Durban it's chassis has also been galvanised to protect against rusting.I'm sure some of you guy's have seen these before .The pipe guard is made of stainless steel and was quite heavy,they had welded mounting point's to the chassis before galvanising,wish I'd kept the guard as a template to build one for the Beta.I'm sure someone in South Africa is making them for the Betas.They come in all sorts of shapes and designs depending on who's building them,one guy commented that it may take 2 or 3 goes to get one to fit properly and he would need your bike or same bike to work on cost converted to New Zealand dollars was around 2k.Only ride I took it off was to gauge weight difference,I crashed the the ktm and dented the expansion chamber.Cheers Richard
Attachments
Pipr guard 01.jpg
Pipr guard 01.jpg (84.03 KiB) Viewed 9381 times
Pipr guard 02.jpg
Pipr guard 02.jpg (249.52 KiB) Viewed 9381 times
Pipr guard 03.jpg
Pipr guard 03.jpg (121.45 KiB) Viewed 9381 times
masta-BETA

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:00 pm

masta-BETA wrote:Hey there,check out this for a pipe guard,this is what the South Africans are building my ktm had been imported from Durban it's chassis has also been galvanised to protect against rusting.I'm sure some of you guy's have seen these before .The pipe guard is made of stainless steel and was quite heavy,they had welded mounting point's to the chassis before galvanising,wish I'd kept the guard as a template to build one for the Beta.I'm sure someone in South Africa is making them for the Betas.They come in all sorts of shapes and designs depending on who's building them,one guy commented that it may take 2 or 3 goes to get one to fit properly and he would need your bike or same bike to work on cost converted to New Zealand dollars was around 2k.Only ride I took it off was to gauge weight difference,I crashed the the ktm and dented the expansion chamber.Cheers Richard

Those are nice guards. We have a bunch of guys here that have those style too. I guess anyone that ride rocks get creative. I like those but they are a bit pricey and heavy.. but still great.. It just depends on what you are into. Anyway I was interested in pipe guards and just called flatland racing to see if they had something there for us 2 stroke 300's. Mike the owner answered and he seemed quite eager to build but said he didn't have a Beta pipe to use as a template. He said if I sent in my pipe it would be a day turnaround and he'd sell me the guard for $80 like I think all his other guards go for. He said he'd make a few more if he felt he could sell any so I'm here letting everyone know. If you want one contact him and put your name down for one. I'm thinking I'll send my Beta pipe to him the beginning of next week. I only rode my 300 one afternoon so I'm still just using my moose racing generic 2 stroke pipe guard . It looks good enough actually but the flatland is nicer and stronger and reasonable enough of a price. ..but I wanna ride this bike this weekend and this week if possible. it's awesome and I'll send the pipe off after that to have the guard made.. Anyone who wants one contact flatland racing.. probably speak to Mike the owner or leave a message for him that you want a guard too.. otherwise he may not have one for you later if you want one.

We went riding Friday afternoon... the 2 hondas have that kind of cage guards..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmHm6RMWCMo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ_FiqPAiQs

Flatland racing!!!
http://www.flatlandracing.com/Merchant2 ... ipe+guards
hawaiidirtrider

Postby Volryder » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:47 am

:lol: Wow... I just had flashbacks of Mel Gibson/Mad Max.... yeah... that outta protect the pipe.... from RPGs.
Volryder

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Thu May 01, 2014 2:53 am

hawaiidirtrider wrote:
masta-BETA wrote:Hey there,check out this for a pipe guard,this is what the South Africans are building my ktm had been imported from Durban it's chassis has also been galvanised to protect against rusting.I'm sure some of you guy's have seen these before .The pipe guard is made of stainless steel and was quite heavy,they had welded mounting point's to the chassis before galvanising,wish I'd kept the guard as a template to build one for the Beta.I'm sure someone in South Africa is making them for the Betas.They come in all sorts of shapes and designs depending on who's building them,one guy commented that it may take 2 or 3 goes to get one to fit properly and he would need your bike or same bike to work on cost converted to New Zealand dollars was around 2k.Only ride I took it off was to gauge weight difference,I crashed the the ktm and dented the expansion chamber.Cheers Richard

Those are nice guards. We have a bunch of guys here that have those style too. I guess anyone that ride rocks get creative. I like those but they are a bit pricey and heavy.. but still great.. It just depends on what you are into. Anyway I was interested in pipe guards and just called flatland racing to see if they had something there for us 2 stroke 300's. Mike the owner answered and he seemed quite eager to build but said he didn't have a Beta pipe to use as a template. He said if I sent in my pipe it would be a day turnaround and he'd sell me the guard for $80 like I think all his other guards go for. He said he'd make a few more if he felt he could sell any so I'm here letting everyone know. If you want one contact him and put your name down for one. I'm thinking I'll send my Beta pipe to him the beginning of next week. I only rode my 300 one afternoon so I'm still just using my moose racing generic 2 stroke pipe guard . It looks good enough actually but the flatland is nicer and stronger and reasonable enough of a price. ..but I wanna ride this bike this weekend and this week if possible. it's awesome and I'll send the pipe off after that to have the guard made.. Anyone who wants one contact flatland racing.. probably speak to Mike the owner or leave a message for him that you want a guard too.. otherwise he may not have one for you later if you want one.

We went riding Friday afternoon... the 2 hondas have that kind of cage guards..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmHm6RMWCMo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ_FiqPAiQs

Flatland racing!!!
http://www.flatlandracing.com/Merchant2 ... ipe+guards

Ok Ud Luz from Thumpertalk is going to bring his bike in to flatland to measure up for a Beta 300 pipeguard . He's away now so he mentioned something like a week or 2 before he's back and bringing his bike in for a guard fitting. That ought to be good enough time to maybe get more guys interested.. at least the ones that don't already have a pipe guard already. ..just updating..
hawaiidirtrider

Postby Volryder » Thu May 01, 2014 10:36 am

Hawaii, I watched one of your videos probably on TT where your buddy's blue bike endo'd ~3-4 times coming down hill from his climb attempt. I can understand why these guards would be attractive after seeing that.
Volryder

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:56 am

Ok so the word is the ktm 300 stock pipe guard from flatland racing works for the Beta 300 and 250 . It's not exact except for a few taps of the mallet to make it fit well. I bought one but didn't install yet. I saw pics on another site of it on a Beta 300 though. For me it was something like $95 or so shipped. It looks quality and feels sturdy..
hawaiidirtrider

Previous

Return to General Discussions & Announcements