Best Dirtbike Destination

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Best Dirtbike Destination

Postby scooper » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:48 pm

Hey everyone,

my brother (xtrainer) and I (250rr) are going to take a trip somewhere to go ride. We live in Western PA. Any suggestions?

We are considering Colorado, Utah, Tennessee? Any feedback will help!

-Seth
scooper

Re: Best Dirtbike Destination

Postby Mark Donovan » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:33 pm

If you consider Tennessee Let me know, We have a ridding club in south central Tennessee (NATRA). We have over 5500 acres, lots of single track. $50.00 a year per household. Hard to beat. Just primitive camping or Hotels 20 min away. We have members from as far away as northern Michigan. Our club president is a Beta owner too! If you come I will spread the word and we can have a Beta Group together in no time!
Mark Donovan
Adventure Off Road
2539 Highway 43 South
Leoma Tn. 38468
931-852-5445
http://www.thebetaclub.com
2014 300RR Race Edition
Mark Donovan

Location: Leoma Tennessee Beta Motorcycle sales/parts/suspension/service

Postby Hammer » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:53 pm

If you are looking for a great couple of days it's hard to beat this trail ride. http://bma1.ca/2014-boogie.php
Hammer

Postby GMP » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:38 pm

Depends on when and how far your planning to go. The south is a nice break in early spring, although as we found out at CMRA can be a bit muddy and limiting. Right now anything except the desert is on the table. If it's just a weekend event trip, the run up in Ontario looks cool, as is the Quarry Run in Hancock NY in August.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby bigoscycles » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:01 pm

I agree with Mark, it's hard to beat NATRA in TN. You can ride new stuff everyday.
bigoscycles

Location: Clanton, Al. Motorcycle Sales, Service, & Racing Suspension

Postby Mark Donovan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:38 am

CMRA is very different than NATRA, I was a member of CMRA year before last. In the spring it has lots of mud bogs and log crossings. It has 17000 acres, but because they close for hunting season they don't get rode through the winter and are left un maintained. They have some incredible Rock climbs that My son and Daughter liked but took the fun out of going for me. Just depends on what you like. CMRA is very different terrain than NATRA. Our trails have traffic year round especially the winter and shed water well. Here is a Video that shows some of the trails.

https://youtu.be/r85UpZ9vt6o?list=LLAR6 ... JVXjv7PXuQ
Mark Donovan
Adventure Off Road
2539 Highway 43 South
Leoma Tn. 38468
931-852-5445
2014 300RR Race Edition
Mark Donovan

Postby GMP » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:09 am

OK Mark this winter/next spring I'm going to give it a go and will hit you up for the info. Your right, CMRA had some serious but deceptive mud in March. First small crossing I hit at a fair speed and stuck the front end, over the bars I went. Looked like nothing special at all but was like quicksand, my brother and buddy behind me were shocked! Logs and rocks we live in so no big deal but the greasy/rooty climbs were slick. Loved most of the trail and it did dry up and get better in a couple days but we could not ride the lower sections as we were warned it was to wet to climb back out! Cabin on the ranch down the street was awesome and good food/beer in town, cheap too.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby Mark Donovan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:42 am

Did Gerald take you on the tour at CMRA? He is a Beta owner too and one of the trail Boss's out there. He loves that snotty stuff. I know they have some good trails but I never got to see any of them when I went. It was either they were trail blazing around a bog or lost on the side of a mountain with three guys arguing about which level 6 rock hill to take to get out. After 4 visits with never seeing what I would call good stuff I threw in the towel. Let me know when you want to come, I will guarantee a good trail ride.
Mark Donovan
Adventure Off Road
2539 Highway 43 South
Leoma Tn. 38468
931-852-5445
2014 300RR Race Edition
Mark Donovan

Postby Hammer » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:16 am

GMP wrote:Depends on when and how far your planning to go. The south is a nice break in early spring, although as we found out at CMRA can be a bit muddy and limiting. Right now anything except the desert is on the table. If it's just a weekend event trip, the run up in Ontario looks cool, as is the Quarry Run in Hancock NY in August.

Glenn you should come up for this one. It really is an excellent trail ride. I drive 5 hours one way to do it and I even cheat on my eating habits at lunch and have a butter tart. :D
Hammer

Postby GMP » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:47 am

No, but they told us that loop three was impassable in the valley FOR THEM, and asked us to avoid it. I had no problem with that! We rode loops one and two with a few other riders. The marking could be better. One guy took a dive into a running creek off of a slick ladder bridge, and in another spot a bridge collapsed over a bog and partially sunk in the mud. I saw it at the last second and stopped or my bike still might be there. I'm sure its a lot better now, drier, cleaned up and burned in more in spots.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Next

Return to General Discussions & Announcements