saying hello

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

saying hello

Postby bgblock » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:47 pm

Hi guys new here . Just getting back into riding after 25 + years doing other power related things . jeeping ,snowmobiling ,drag cars and drag boats .
Currently moved to the western maine mountains . Reopened my auto repair shop and started riding bikes again in the woods .
I got me a 2015 beta x trainer and have built a little training Trail on my little section of earth in the woods here . Bike is real nice and holding up well
to my falls , not sure my body will but i am giving it a go . I am pretty bruised up at the moment . But my spirits are high and i am getting more comfortable evrytime i ride . So a question i have is the clutch is awful noisy is this normal ? I have changed the oil a couple times no parts or abnormal metal . just curious if its normal . thanks for any info
dom/bgblock
bgblock

Re: saying hello

Postby bmrev01 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:29 pm

Sorry do not have an answer on the Trainer clutch but my 250 rr is super quiet. Also not too far from you here in western Ma.
bmrev01

Postby bgblock » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:21 am

bmrev01 wrote:Sorry do not have an answer on the Trainer clutch but my 250 rr is super quiet. Also not too far from you here in western Ma.

ok thanks
I used to do some jeep n down that way
dom
bgblock

Postby Mark Donovan » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:59 am

Not familiar with any clutch noise. Can you describe the noise? That's a first for me.
Mark Donovan
Adventure Off Road
2539 Highway 43 South
Leoma Tn. 38468
931-852-5445
http://www.thebetaclub.com
2014 300RR Race Edition
Mark Donovan

Location: Leoma Tennessee Beta Motorcycle sales/parts/suspension/service

Postby GMP » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:24 am

bgblock wrote:
bmrev01 wrote:Sorry do not have an answer on the Trainer clutch but my 250 rr is super quiet. Also not too far from you here in western Ma.

ok thanks
I used to do some jeep n down that way
dom

Me too, around North Adams, Hoosick tunnel, etc.

Back on topic, one guy here, and only one had a lot of clutch issues with an RR but even with a Rekluse replacement so take that FWIW. By all accounts the rest have been totally bulletproof. Not sure if the XT is the same though, can't see why not.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby bgblock » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:45 pm

Mark Donovan wrote:Not familiar with any clutch noise. Can you describe the noise? That's a first for me.

Hi mark
sounds like a bad throw out bearing on a car with cloth lever in noise is gone you let out clutch in gear or neutral has a noise seems to be louder with warmer engine .
I am going to drop the oil again tomorrow and see if any foreign material .
dom
bgblock

Postby ricoyam » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:04 pm

There should be an internal adjustment. I would check that. While you have the cover off just give everything a good look. Check the shafts for play and see if the ring and pinion gears are meshing cleanly.
Rick "Rico" Yamane
'15 430 RS
+20 or so others
S.F. Peninsula
Mechanic/Restorer Chris Carter Motorcycle Collection
ricoyam

Postby GMP » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:39 am

There is no internal adjustment in a hydraulic clutch system. If its a bearing sound on a new bike take it back.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby bgblock » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:24 pm

I am going to run her i dropped the oil no shavings very little particles took clutch cover off looked over good checked tightness all seems well

Talked to another guy with an evo 300 said his clutch sounds same as mine .
dom
bgblock

Postby Mark Donovan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:14 pm

OK I actually do remember a situation like that but it was on a 4 stroke. I once had a sound like you described develop after installing a Rekluse with the external adjuster. I thought it was related to the Rekluse so I called Idaho Joe at Rekluse and he was kind enough to send us a new throw out bering but the noise persisted. After digging a little deeper with a stethoscope, we discovered that the sound was actually coming from the flywheel. I pulled the cover and discovered that they have an oil scraper that was touching the flywheel. We bent it back just a bit and the sound went away. I don't know if the two stroke has one of those or not. Maybe the clutch basket was not torqued properly at the factory and the pressure plate may be touching the cover?
Mark Donovan
Adventure Off Road
2539 Highway 43 South
Leoma Tn. 38468
931-852-5445
http://www.thebetaclub.com
2014 300RR Race Edition
Mark Donovan

Location: Leoma Tennessee Beta Motorcycle sales/parts/suspension/service

Next

Return to General Discussions & Announcements