New X Trainer

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

New X Trainer

Postby bmrev01 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:13 pm

I was lucky enough to purchase a new X trainer to replace my daughters ktm. I think she will like it very much but has not had time to ride it yet. She works everyday and does not come home till late. She will be racing a NETRA HS this coming Sunday so learn by fire I guess. Thanks to Jared @ 3 Seas for delivering the bike to the Unadilla GNCC this past weekend. Also Thanks to Paul @ County Cycles for sending a care package for the bike. This is what I call Dealer Support Thanks Guys. Also was able to sell off another killer race KTM at Dilla on Saturday. The garage is starting to change to the color red 2 250 RR Race and now the Trainer.
I will try and post some action shots..Also Chris @ 139 designs just cut our graphics so hoping to have them on the bike this weekend.
Dave
bmrev01

Re: New X Trainer

Postby Danceswithtrees » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:03 pm

Cool and congrats, I'm sure your daughter will love it. If she's going to race it with no prior practice at least take the time to set the sag and then crank the rebound all the way in on the left fork, and I mean bottom it right out, or it will be way to springy. Might want to give a couple turns on the spring preload on the right fork too depending on her weight.
Danceswithtrees

Postby twowheels » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:39 am

Danceswithtrees wrote:Cool and congrats, I'm sure your daughter will love it. If she's going to race it with no prior practice at least take the time to set the sag and then crank the rebound all the way in on the left fork, and I mean bottom it right out, or it will be way to springy. Might want to give a couple turns on the spring preload on the right fork too depending on her weight.

Gently of course. You don't want to crank down hard on any of the adjusters (rebound, compression) ... just seat them.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby bmrev01 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:58 pm

Thanks
Yes she will be racing it Sunday. I just finished installing a rekluse for her. I will make a few adjustments for her. Thanks.
bmrev01

Postby bmrev01 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:46 am

Does anyone know why I am getting this message when I try to post a picture. Thanks

Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.
bmrev01

Postby GMP » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:51 am

bmrev01 wrote:Does anyone know why I am getting this message when I try to post a picture. Thanks

Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.

I have been getting that for awhile and cannot post any more pics. I think we are only allocatred so much space for pics and have used it up. Its not a global board thing, as I see new pics from other members. Maybe Jeff will clarify.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby cosmikdebriis » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:19 am

Hi...

You could try uploading your picture to "Photobucket" and then adding a link from there. As the image is then remotely hosted it may not take up space on this forum. Photobucket is free to join (and very handy).
cosmikdebriis

Postby GMP » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:19 pm

Yeah I know but its one more thing to do and manage. I host all my pics on a NAS drive in my house, and my social media/photo sharing presence is non-existant. I can live without it.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Return to General Discussions & Announcements