Heavy clutch

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Heavy clutch

Postby Willis7864 » Sun May 22, 2016 1:53 pm

Hi all any ideas how to make my clutch lighter to pull in on my 2016 300 rr.mine has gone very hard to pull in .clutch works fine no slip or drag just heavy to use any ideas would be greatfull cheers andrew
Willis7864

Re: Heavy clutch

Postby johnny300rr » Mon May 23, 2016 4:33 am

Try this link...
http://www.clake.com.au/onelightclutch/
I am have an issue with cramping in my left hand and I noticed a few extreme enduro guys run them
johnny300rr

Postby Lonesome Dave » Mon May 23, 2016 5:27 am

This one is a lot cheaper than the Clake. I have one and works well. Slaven's sells them.
http://www.midwestme.com/index.html
Older - Wiser - Faster !
Lonesome Dave

Postby Bandicoot » Thu May 26, 2016 6:44 pm

The bonus with the Clake is that you can adjust the weight exactly.
Its not a fit and be happy with what the lever gives you , the Clake adjusts to how light or heavy you prefer the feel.
Its one finger design allows you to keep the majority of your hand on the bars in control as you want it.
You dont get tired or fatigued and start using 2 or 3 fingers on the lever ... its always 1 finger all day long :)

Yes I run one and love it, but am thinking of selling mine to update to the Clake Pro lever instead ...
Darren ..
If your not ridin' ... Your dyin' .. !!!
Keep on Roostin'
Bandicoot

Postby johnm28 » Thu May 26, 2016 8:30 pm

I had the Mid West from Slavens on my bike but took it off and went back to stock. It was a lot lighter and perfect size but just didn't like the feel and the fact I had to pull it in almost all the way to engage clutch just didn't feel right IMO. For the price its a good buy though. Been looking at the clake as well and read great things about the clutch so that might be my next buy or I might just get Clake 2 and have LHRB as well.
johnm28

Postby Yrocmoto » Thu May 26, 2016 9:09 pm

I haven't tried this on my Beta 250, but on my KTM 350 I removed 2 of the 6 clutch springs and it works AWESOME!! Super light pull, and everything else stays the same. I would think with enough power it could potentially slip, but hasn't happened on the 350, which has about the same HP as my 250...just a thought on something else to try...

Yrocmoto

Postby twowheels » Thu May 26, 2016 10:01 pm

Yrocmoto wrote:I haven't tried this on my Beta 250, but on my KTM 350 I removed 2 of the 6 clutch springs and it works AWESOME!! Super light pull, and everything else stays the same. I would think with enough power it could potentially slip, but hasn't happened on the 350, which has about the same HP as my 250...just a thought on something else to try...

Um, don't do that on a Beta. They only have four springs to start with ...
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby Clearvu1 » Fri May 27, 2016 7:05 am

Ha Ha Ha....that's funny.
Clutch pull shouldn't be that heavy. I'd pull the lever first, clean and grease where needed. Then I'd replace the fluid and be certain to get it bled properly. If that doesn't do it I'd go into the clutch to see what's going on in there....gotta be something.
Clearvu1

Postby Mulley » Fri May 27, 2016 9:26 am

I have the Midwest Mountain Clever Lever on my 300 and love it. The shape and reach makes it just about perfect for 2 finger use. If you haven't cut your bars you could probably slide it down and get away with 1 finger.

http://www.midwestme.com/products.html
2016 Beta 300 RR: RB head, LT susp, Scott's BRP, HDB guards, Hyde skid, Tubliss
Aprilia Tuono Factory ~ DR-Z440S ~ Husky TE310
Mulley

Postby Yrocmoto » Fri May 27, 2016 9:11 pm

twowheels wrote:
Um, don't do that on a Beta. They only have four springs to start with ...

That's funny....I've never messed with anything on my Beta, it all works and I just ride....I guess I won't look for lighter pull on my Beta...
Yrocmoto

Next

Return to General Discussions & Announcements