Heavy clutch

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Re: Heavy clutch

Postby AvB » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:36 am

I have both the MWME lever and the Clake One Light Clutch on my X-Trainer (it's clutch feels the same as the RR). I love both of them actually. I got the MWME while I was waiting for the One Light (there was a long wait, but it turned up earlier than expected). Contrary to the earlier post, I was very impressed at the full clutch disengagement and the very light feel. We measured the strain and it did reduce the force by almost half. It wasn't as good on the KTM I had last year but on the X-Trainer it seems to be a perfect match. I loved the feel of it and it really helped with avoiding finger fatigue on the technical stuff.

The Clake One Light is the shizzle though. More expensive but the feel of it is amazing. Most of the guys I ride with use it now. You can lighten the feel using an adjustor screw but if you make it too light, you lose "feel" but even so it's amazingly light. The other thing is that the finger hook that the Clake uses is just fantastic. Once you've used it you will never be as happy with normal levers. It's such a positive connection between your index finger and the clutch. Brilliant.
AvB

Postby katoom400 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:58 am

GMP wrote:That Midwest lever is no different than the first EE levers that came out for the early juice clutch KTMs. Just a leverage ratio change, you trade travel for effort. The Clake is different and I'd like to check it out for the engineering if nothing else. I suspect it stores energy via spring on release to assist on pull, but that's just a guess.

glen, I emailed you pics of the inner workings
katoom400

Postby HRRacing » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:56 am

Please post or PM me pics of the Clake One Light Clutch installed. I'm interested in purchasing one, but would like to see it installed. I'm worried about space and clutter. Currently, I've cut down my stock bars. Also, I'm considering Flexx Bars in the future as well. Anyone have the One Light installed on Flexx Bars? Thanks
HRRacing

Postby merlin » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:15 pm

I've been running the MW lever for a while now and fully gel with it.

No issues to report.

Initially, I was weirded out by the square shape, but got used to that pretty mush right away. I can always go an shape it if I really wanted to.....but I like it that way it is.

I have also done Owen Lock's washer clutch spring mod as well as installed the larger slave cylinder. So it's pretty light now :)

I do still want the Clake One Light Clutch one of these days.....Perhaps an early 2018 birthday present :D
merlin

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:32 pm

hawaiidirtrider

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:34 pm

hawaiidirtrider

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:37 pm

hawaiidirtrider

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:56 pm

I had the Midwest lever on my 13 300 rr and it worked good but when I got my 15 300 rr I liked the shape of the lever. Stock is good to me for now but it’s great to have options for later maybe.
hawaiidirtrider

Postby jpgibson » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:20 pm

+1 on the MW lever. Ive had one on a TM ( OK), KTM ( hopeless), GG ( hopeless) and now the Beta 250 Race. For some reason, it works on this Brembo MC, whereas it didnt on the others. Ive also had 3 Clake One's, bought one for this bike, but dont need it as the MW lever is so good. The issue with the Beta is the short clutch hose and its funky shape. I know it will fit , but I havent found the need for it. Always there as a back up. I wont sell it as I know how long they take to get!
I think the clutch pull ( 1-2 fingers) on the Beta is about the same as I had on the Husky TE ( with Clake)- although I certainly didnt have the Clake set on its lightest.
jpgibson

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:11 pm

I don’t like for 1 the price of a clake.. which is retarded to me..then the size on the bars. Also for me I don’t like using one finger for braking as much. I hold my bars with my forefinger and thumb on both sides and use a variety of fingers from middle to the pinky and 2nd finger to pull brake. Ive done it since a kid. It’s more comfortable to me. I think Id just rather go with the regular left hand rear brake from rekluse if I wanted a hand brake.
hawaiidirtrider

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions & Announcements