Newbie about Pipe Guards and Wiring Harness??

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Re: Newbie about Pipe Guards and Wiring Harness??

Postby mtdirtbag » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:38 am

brantsdad wrote:
Enmerdeur wrote:I use the hook method as well

Can you explain this. ? I usually loop through and it looks like hell but it works

Kevin: it simply means they have cut it and bent the ends to make a hook, look carefully at the photo and I think you'll figure it out.

Tom
14 Beta 300RR
07 DR650
mtdirtbag

Postby brantsdad » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:07 pm

mtdirtbag wrote:
brantsdad wrote:
Enmerdeur wrote:I use the hook method as well

Can you explain this. ? I usually loop through and it looks like hell but it works

Kevin: it simply means they have cut it and bent the ends to make a hook, look carefully at the photo and I think you'll figure it out.

Tom

Got it now just wasn't apparent at first...or my eyesight still sucks.....

May be getting the rekluse set up pretty soon with the LHRB
2013 300RR
2004 Husqvarna 167 (125 big bore) I should have never sold her
brantsdad

Postby Darkside » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:32 pm

Hey Darkside, I called P3 Composites and they had 2 guards for the 300rr. But he didn't know which one for the 300rr Race. Does yours fit correctly and where'd you get it? Thanks.

I ordered directly from P3 on the phone. Fast delivery too. Came in about a week if I remember correctly. Under old management I waited over 3 months for one for my KTM
Randy
2018 390 rrs, 2014 300 rr re, 2010 ktm 450 exc
Darkside

Postby mtdirtbag » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:50 pm

Put my P3 on yesterday, installed it the regular way as I think with the indentation they have there is no need to do it the hook method as on my old eline guards. Those clamps are way more stout than regular ones and it does take a little effort to get them thru the slots, over the pipe and situated in the manner you want them. Sure happy with the way it fits and got a good deal on it from a local dealer. Now to just ride the damn thing!! Oh, I still need to get radiator braces - just need to decide which ones, my last ones on the YZ were Flatland guards which were easy to install and very stout.
14 Beta 300RR
07 DR650
mtdirtbag

Postby T.Read » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:42 pm

Volryder wrote:Got the P3 Friday and installed that evening for yesterday's ride. The guard is awesome. Fit perfect. Mounted the normal way. It got tested several times yesterday (log crashes). Hard to imagine a better gripe guard for our 300rr.

Great maiden voyage yesterday at our CMRA riding area. Bike is way better than me and often made look better than I am. Never could have done some of the 2nd gear lugging with my old bike. Suspension needs adjustment and break in. Sorry I don't have much experience from different bikes but easiest to ride in tight, gnarly I've ever owned. Lots of room for me to grow into its capability. Oh... The starter!!! Never be without one that works like this again!!! Perfect.

Which loop were you on? I still have yet to finish loop 2 and I haven't even attempted 3 yet. The last two or 3 times I went I just did loop 1 which I love. Next time I definitely want to try 2 since I haven't been on it in a while.
2014 250RR Racing
T.Read

Postby twowheels » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:19 pm

Racing Edition pipe and RR pipe are the same, so the Beta/KTM guard from P3 will bolt right up. You get into fitment issues with the Factory/Gnarly pipes.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby Volryder » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:47 am

T, I was on 1. It was plenty challenging for me. First 2T in.... A very long time. 1 was perfect. The bike was a huge help to a very rusty, old man. Now to get the suspension broke in and right and maybe Rekluse. But to be honest I lugged the 300 often like I never could with my old 450 to pull me thru stuff. And that button....
Volryder

Postby rotor » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:37 pm

I thought about joining CMRA. Have any of you ever been to Highland park, just wondering if its any better. I love that place.
rotor

Postby T.Read » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:35 pm

Highland Park is awesome. Only been once though. Hoping to go back soon. It's way different than CMRA in that CMRA is three 22-27mile loops. But with lots of unmarked land.

CMRA is a little pricey, and you can only ride there when it's not hunting season, but it's huge and a lot of fun. I heard talk of them making a 50mile adventure loop soon. The trails there are only on a small piece of the property, but the property is open for you to explore anywhere, so long as you can find your way out. Best to get in with a few of the guys that ride there a lot and get on an adventure ride.
2014 250RR Racing
T.Read

Postby happy seal » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:53 pm

I am waitiing for my 300 R/E. I am coming off of a 2010 520RR and ride some serious rocks from shale to big boulders, ledges, etc!!! I am worried about the pipe on the rocks and the tight woods. It looks low in front and very wide in general. Is this pipe a rock magnet? I ordered the byob guard and offhand don't know who makes it. Anybody tell me if this pipe is a potential money problem with hits? Got a nice hydro pack from Beta today in the mail, nice touch. They didn't do that back when I bought the 2010. It's also real good to see Beta put out a number one hit with the 2t. It is a whole new crowd coming into the Beta forums and Otherwise quite and friendly family. I am new here but not with Beta. Welcome everyone new to this company. It is the best.
Be carefull, think first!

Join the NRA!
happy seal

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions & Announcements