Seat foam

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Seat foam

Postby rotor » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:51 pm

I like the seat on my 300, or thought I did. Rode my crf this sunday, haven`t been on it since November, that seat was so nice. Felt like a couch compared to the beat`s seat. So now I want to get softer foam. Anyone put on the softer foam and will it make much of a difference.
rotor

Re: Seat foam

Postby Arctra » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:07 am

I have put the Seat Concepts seat on and it is WAY more comfortable!

http://www.seatconcepts.com/products#!/ ... ort=normal
Arctra

Postby GMP » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:40 am

I think the hard stock seat just works with the bike and fits its character. I rode my sons KX a bit this past week, and the softer seat just feels wrong after being on the Beta. With soft seats, I feel like I'm stuck in a pocket and its harder to move foward, which is important on the Beta. Even my brother's Husky TXC feels like a Honda XR seat in comparison. I have switched to softer seats in the past but now I beleive its more about the shape and how it fits or does not fit you. JMO.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby Hammer » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:40 am

First thing that came to mind when I first rode my 300 was what the hell were they thinking when they made this seat but I love it now. This bike really rewards the rider that put himself in the correct riding position and the seat allows you to do so. I'm also a sit down when I can, stand when it's important rider.
Hammer

Postby twowheels » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:00 pm

I don't even think about it anymore - the Racing Editon seats chap me but that's because of the cover, but I'm a fan of the seat foam. You're never in a pocket and can move around when you need to ... you just need to build up a tolerance :lol:

If you like the stock shape there's hope in '15 - supposedly the new foam is softer. Hopefully it doesn't break down too quickly.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby GMP » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:12 pm

Well after almost a year and two pairs of pants, my Racing Edition seat cover is finaly broken in. :lol: That material on the side panels is indestructable. They should just adjust the grit# a bit finer. if there is anything I would like to change its the '13 seat base to the '14, but no can do, must buy whole seat. :(
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby rotor » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:05 pm

I would really like to keep the stock seat. It really is nice and doesn`t bother me at all in harescrambles, but just riding around with the kids or friends it is a little too hard. Wonder if you could buy a seat pan, that way I could swap them out when I felt like it. Might call my dealer this weekend and get a price quote.
rotor

Postby twowheels » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:45 pm

rotor wrote:I would really like to keep the stock seat. It really is nice and doesn`t bother me at all in harescrambles, but just riding around with the kids or friends it is a little too hard. Wonder if you could buy a seat pan, that way I could swap them out when I felt like it. Might call my dealer this weekend and get a price quote.

The seat is sold as an assembly - good thing too because the base is a bear to put staples into. You might want to wait for the 15s and get the softer foam.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby Enmerdeur » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:22 pm

After some long trail rides and having a sore arse the day after I have broken down and ordered a Guts medium foam in preparation for our 4 day Idaho ride. I don't think I could do 4 days straight trail riding with the stock seat. Works fine for racing but not for trail riding IMO.
2017 KTM 450 XCF
2014 Beta 300 RR
Enmerdeur

Postby TN-BETA » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:40 am

I have the GUTS firm seat foam. It's a bit softer than the stock foam, but not much. I think the GUTS firm is about right if your riding for a extended period of time. Two days of riding with the stock seat foam did me in............Ordered the GUTS firm and my butt has thanked me ever since :P
TN-BETA

Next

Return to General Discussions & Announcements