First couple rides on 20’ 300rr.

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

First couple rides on 20’ 300rr.

Postby Torbs » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:40 pm

I wanted to first introduce myself. My name is Torben and I live in Colorado. I’ve been riding/racing dirt for about 40yrs mostly ride hard Enduro/ singletrack (A riding ability)and I just bought my first Beta with this 2020 model. I’m a transplant from riding Sherco from 2017 to current. I’ve ridden friends Beta’s and while nice never really pushed me over off the Shercos I’ve been riding for one difference or another and not really jelling with them. I literally went in to buy another 2020 Sherco and at the last min decided to buy this 300rr! My dealer here ( Apex Sports) gave me a great deal on one. There isn’t any real tests on them yet but wanted to give my 2 cents coming from Sherco. I have about 8 hrs on it as of now. First thing is I’m not sorry I switched over! The 20 Model handles completely different from the earlier models I’ve ridden. It turns great, very stable in rough sections and the motor pulls better than the 2T 300 Sherco. They are very similar in delivery but My Beta has a bit more snap to it. The new motor is smooth compared to the 300 Sherco but also swapped w a TPI bike and feel that one is a little smoother through the pegs but motor compared to the TPI.....there is no comparison! Beta is way better. Sachs ZF front and rear works way better than the 19 versions I’ve tried! I have switched to 4wt Motorex fork oil in fork but pretty impressed with the standard suspension! We will see once I get past 30hrs or so if it holds up. The map switch location is not my favorite for switching on fly ( sometimes nice in the icy sections lately) but at same time my friend who has a 19 and just bought a 20 Race says he accidentally hit his often. Anyways....I wanted to say I’m thoroughly impressed w this 20 300 RR! Beta has done a great job with this one! I’m looking forward to putting on some miles this next year! :mrgreen:
Attachments
2642F0E0-AF23-47DD-8DDF-8341D0428ABD.jpeg
2642F0E0-AF23-47DD-8DDF-8341D0428ABD.jpeg (186.9 KiB) Viewed 2601 times
Torbs

Re: First couple rides on 20’ 300rr.

Postby Trail Rider » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:06 am

Looks good. I like my 18' a lot & I'm sure the 20' would be even nicer. Basically, its 2-stroke heaven at this point, so many nice ones to choose. I think Beta has done a great job with the last couple iterations. Best for most riders, IMO.
2018 Beta 300RR
Trail Rider

Return to General Discussions & Announcements