2020 250re tps

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

2020 250re tps

Postby Enduromutt » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:35 pm

Is there any good reason to keep the tps on a 2020 250 RE? My understanding is that it is just used for the oil injection, which the re does not have. Is this accurate? I would like to simplify and also reduce the throttle effort.
Enduromutt

Re: 2020 250re tps

Postby wwguy » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:59 am

Enduromutt wrote:Is there any good reason to keep the tps on a 2020 250 RE? My understanding is that it is just used for the oil injection, which the re does not have. Is this accurate? I would like to simplify and also reduce the throttle effort.

No need to retain the TPS if you'll never install OI on the bike. The RE bikes come with TPS installed to make them "OI ready" from the factory with proper wiring harness etc.

If you remove the TPS you'll need to install this $36 TPS Removal Plug in the carb by following these directions.

Be aware that as soon as you disconnect the TPS the orange MIL engine light on the speedo will illuminate. You can safely ignore it, but if it bothers you the light can be disabled by removing the pink wire with purple stripe from the electrical connector at the speedo. (Same as described in the instructions for the Oil Injection Removal Kit.)
wwguy

Re: 2020 250re tps

Postby Enduromutt » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:36 am

Thanks! I believe that will be gone shortly...
One less thing to muck up the perfectly simple carb
Enduromutt

Return to General Discussions & Announcements