Parts for front Nissin brake caliper?

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Parts for front Nissin brake caliper?

Postby DJ Tomás » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:39 pm

I'm trying to find spare parts for my front Nissin brake caliper to make swapping my wheel sets over easier. 2021 500 RR-S. I'm looking for the rubber grommet, slider pin, and thin metal brake pad holder that attach to the removable side of the caliper (that gets attached to the fork). The idea being I can just leave those attached to the supermoto larger brake rotor adapter and not have to swap those parts every time I switch between dirt and supermoto wheels. I've only found the whole brake caliper assembly sold separately. Any leads would be helpful. I'm thinking maybe there's a Beta dealer somewhere that has a spare parts bin including those items.
DJ Tomás

Re: Parts for front Nissin brake caliper?

Postby pscook » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:30 pm

Look for Yamaha parts as they use Nissin brakes. I had success with a Yamaha brake pad pin crossing over to the Beta, and as the pads are the same as a Yamaha (and many other of the Japanese brands) I would guess that almost all of the little bits would exchange as well.
pscook

Re: Parts for front Nissin brake caliper?

Postby DJ Tomás » Wed May 05, 2021 9:42 pm

pscook wrote:Look for Yamaha parts as they use Nissin brakes. I had success with a Yamaha brake pad pin crossing over to the Beta, and as the pads are the same as a Yamaha (and many other of the Japanese brands) I would guess that almost all of the little bits would exchange as well.

Thanks for the tip! My local Yamaha dealer was able to order just the parts I needed for $17.
DJ Tomás

Return to General Discussions & Announcements