Acerbis plastic skid plate - Xtrainer

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Acerbis plastic skid plate - Xtrainer

Postby tullyhubbert » Thu May 06, 2021 11:17 pm

Hi all, quick introduction first. I'm from Northern Ireland and hoping to take delivery of a 2022 model Xtrainer in July, my first Beta.

I'd like to try a plastic skid plate and Acerbis make these for various Beta models complete with a linkage guard.

https://tinyurl.com/ym3mm4pv

However the only skid plate listed for an Xtrainer does not have a linkage guard and it's only up to 2017 model. Does anyone know if one of the RR model plates fits an Xtrainer too or have an alternative plastic skid plate (With or without linkage guard) they could recommend?

Many thanks .... John
tullyhubbert

Re: Acerbis plastic skid plate - Xtrainer

Postby dANbOT » Fri May 07, 2021 5:13 am

Don't have any knowledge on XT specific but I am LOVING the AXP full coverage skid plate on my 21 300RR. Amazing chunk of plastic
2021 Beta 300RR - 2014 Gasgas 300XC - 2019 Polaris 850 RMK
dANbOT

Postby wwguy » Sat May 08, 2021 9:08 am

+1 for the AXP Racing 8mm Xtrem skidplate with integrated linkage guard. I've been using one on my Xtrainer for several years.

wwguy

Postby tullyhubbert » Sat May 08, 2021 11:55 pm

Thanks guys that does look good., now to track one down somehow in the UK.

Exhaust guard, I'm thinking carbon anyone care to recommend one?

Clutch/generator covers, good idea or bad? Have a worry grit between the casings and covers will do more harm than my boots.

Bit of a background on me, got my first off road bike 2 years ago at 55yo so I'm pretty new to it. Talked 2 friends into having a go but both of them broke tibia's and promptly retired! I'm doing biking the wrong way round, should have done this years ago and retired to my road bike cause I'm too old and it hurts too much but it's the most fun I've had on a bike :) Currently have a 2016 EXC200 but I'm thinking the XT will be a better fit for me in lots of ways.

wwguy, that looks like the Beta non slip seat cover on your bike, do you have to remove the original cover and staple the new one on or does it fit over the top of the original?

Thanks
tullyhubbert

Postby wwguy » Sun May 09, 2021 10:09 am

tullyhubbert wrote:Exhaust guard, I'm thinking carbon anyone care to recommend one?

I like the carbon pipe guards from P3 Composites.

tullyhubbert wrote:Clutch/generator covers, good idea or bad? Have a worry grit between the casings and covers will do more harm than my boots.

I'm not a fan of covers for the grit reason you mention. Same for swingarm guards. Boots wearing a bit of paint off of the factory covers is just cosmetic anyway, so is pretty much a wash compared to the added expense and weight of covers. If you're worried about bashing a rock through the casings then the plastic covers start to make more sense. On mine I installed a heavier duty CNC billet aluminum clutch cover from Rekluse. Works great, but it's an expensive bit of armor.

tullyhubbert wrote:wwguy, that looks like the Beta non slip seat cover on your bike, do you have to remove the original cover and staple the new one on or does it fit over the top of the original?

Mine is a complete replacement seat with cover that's a bit taller and has more cushion than the factory seat. You can also purchase just the cover from several vendors, which requires removing the factory cover and stapling the new cover in its place. Here in the USA Seat Concepts seems to be the most popular source for aftermarket seats and/or covers.
wwguy

Postby tullyhubbert » Sun May 09, 2021 1:35 pm

Thanks again wwguy, I just noticed the chainsaw lol :D

Different worlds, was watching a guy in the US on youtube last night (He may be reading this for all I know!) and during a broken chain repair he mentions carrying a revolver for protection from the local wildlife :shock:

AXP Racing 8mm Xtrem skidplate does look excellent, it's now top of the wanted list. I don't expect the 22MY to be much if any different fitment ways but I'll wait until that's confirmed before placing an order.
tullyhubbert

Postby wwguy » Mon May 10, 2021 12:26 pm

tullyhubbert wrote:Different worlds, was watching a guy in the US on youtube last night (He may be reading this for all I know!) and during a broken chain repair he mentions carrying a revolver for protection from the local wildlife :shock:

Some folks get their knickers all twisted around trying to protect themselves from perceived threats that they don't fully understand. Here in Idaho we have black bears, wolves, and mountain lions living in the same places we humans play. None of them present a measurable threat to humans unless you pull their tails or threaten their babies. Otherwise they're generally more afraid of us than we are of them, but inevitably there are exceptions on both sides. There are a few places where larger more aggressive grizzly bears roam, which I'd be unlikely to ride at all for that reason.

Personally, in 40+ years of roaming Idaho's backcountry I've never felt the need to carry a firearm for protection. (Hunting meat for food is another topic.) For dirt bike riders specifically, it's highly unlikely that a rider will be able to retrieve and deploy a firearm before a spontaneously angry bear or lion is already on top of him. That said, I've never heard of a rider, armed or not, being attacked while in the woods.

Seeing fresh tracks like below are pretty commonplace while riding here. Actually seeing the animals that make them is fairly rare.

wwguy

Postby tullyhubbert » Wed May 19, 2021 7:41 am

Just noticed that the 22MY XTrainer details are now on the Beta website, the only 22 bike so far.

More changes than I was expecting, bore/stroke/ head etc
tullyhubbert

Postby tullyhubbert » Wed May 26, 2021 11:25 am

Was in touch with Beta UK who contacted the factory to confirm that the frame / radiators & exhaust are unchanged from 21MY. So AXP Xtrem skid plate on order, rad & exhaust guards still to sort.
tullyhubbert

Postby roh92cp » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:08 am

Hi John, have you had any updates on your 2022 XT arrival? I'm also waiting on a 2022 XT here is the US and my dealer is also saying Aug delivery is expected. I've seen a couple new YouTube videos from Europeans who have taken delivery of the new XT and some with black pipe and what looks like smog stuff on them, but the videos don't seem to be very informative just unboxing and riding a bit. Anyway I've also found many parts manufactures have not had a chance to update for the 2022 model and are unsure of fitment from last year so I'll have to wait and see as this all unfolds. LMK when you get and update on your XT.
roh92cp

Next

Return to General Discussions & Announcements