Panel gaps!?

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Panel gaps!?

Postby beta250rrowner » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:40 am

I have a MY 2015 250rr. Great bike n all but it seems to have panel gaps around the seat and tank. A lot of the plastics don't seem to fit very well. I know, first world problems; right!?

ImageBeta 250rr panel gaps by a a, on Flickr

But it's always bothered me as to why these panels don't seem to fit together very well. I see newer models and they don't look like this.
beta250rrowner

Re: Panel gaps!?

Postby F5 Dave » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:05 pm

Took me a confused minute or several to notice the seat slips into the hooks directly where you sit as well as the front. Has your seat been broken here perhaps?
21 XTrainer
F5 Dave

Postby wwguy » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:19 am

The oversized aftermarket IMS fuel tank on your bike is notoriously prone to gaps and other fitment issues.

See the discussion in this previous thread for example.

Looking at your seat cover it looks to be aftermarket too. Not sure about the seat pan though.
wwguy

Postby beta250rrowner » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:37 am

F5 Dave wrote:Took me a confused minute or several to notice the seat slips into the hooks directly where you sit as well as the front. Has your seat been broken here perhaps?

I'll take a look before motocross tomorrow. But I fear wwguy has answered my question, knowing more about my bike than I do :lol:

wwguy wrote:The oversized aftermarket IMS fuel tank on your bike is notoriously prone to gaps and other fitment issues.

See the discussion in this previous thread for example.

Looking at your seat cover it looks to be aftermarket too. Not sure about the seat pan though.

That thing is oversized? Damn, I thought it was stock. I seem to remember the stock tank holds 9.5 litres. This tank doesn't seem to hold much more. The previous owner must have fitted it so I wasn't aware of it.

Well, for added fuel capacity I can't really complain although I would prefer the bike to look more "factory" if that's even a thing. Thanks for the link to the thread I will look over it.

Edit: Are you sure that's the IMS tank? Mine doesn't have the extended top portion like in this picture on this thread (linked from the thread you linked to me) https://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/for ... ost2692580 (scroll down for the IMS tank part)

Edit 2: Maybe it is, it looks like this when off the bike

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185107134674 ... Sw~TVhaLX7
beta250rrowner

Postby Dr Z » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:21 am

Looks like the stock tank as far as I can tell.
2018 300RR, SC2 Smart carb, Recluse Radius CX and left hand rear brake, IMS oversize tank, Seat Concepts low seat, rear Tubliss, oil injection deleted.
Dr Z

Postby wwguy » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:23 pm

Upon further review I think it's a stock tank too. Sorry to take the discussion off into the weeds...

wwguy

Return to General Discussions & Announcements