Why does this forum get so little use?

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Why does this forum get so little use?

Postby Trail Rider » Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:23 am

Weeks go by with no new posts. Whats the deal? It should be rocking.
2018 Beta 300RR
Trail Rider

Re: Why does this forum get so little use?

Postby Hyde » Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:57 am

It started out great, not sure why it's so slow.
23' 430RE
23' 250RE
21' 350RE
20', 200rr, gone
20', 250rr, Ye-haw !
18', 250rr,gone
18' 125rr, KYB forks, gone
16' 250rr, KYB forks-sold
15' 250rr RE-sold
14' 450rr, gone
14' 250rr-sold
14' 450rr KYB forks.
Hyde

Postby fenderworks » Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:23 am

it really was great in the past.
i think there has been a few times, when the site was down for extended periods (weeks, not days) .and everybody went to other forum sites for beta information.
just my thought
fenderworks
fenderworks

Postby fenderworks » Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:33 am

or maybe........

nobody rides beta anymore.
i dont think this is true, but, how many beta's are on the trails? i know in the last 5 years i have seen maybe 10 beta's on the trails where i ride in the central rockies.
all i see is KTM.
dealer in colorado springs seems to be selling beta's....but if they are.....where are they? they are not on the trails i ride.

i have my 2020 Xtrainer for sale and have had no one interested at all. i know its end of season but NOTHING. i will probably lower the price a bit or wait until spring.

what are your thoughts?
fenderworks
fenderworks

Postby KGAWDTSi » Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:15 pm

It seems in the past that this forum was very active. Just searching google I get most hits from this site from years ago and I find that info beneficial. I think most people use Facebook groups now but I am not a fan of those. With a forum, the search function is very helpful and on fb groups you just get people asking the same questions over and over again because everyone just wants a quick answer without putting any work into trying a search. Just my thoughts. I prefer forums over fb
2014 Beta 300rr
2007 Honda Cr250r
KGAWDTSi

Postby Trail Rider » Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:25 pm

fenderworks wrote:or maybe........

nobody rides beta anymore.
i dont think this is true, but, how many beta's are on the trails? i know in the last 5 years i have seen maybe 10 beta's on the trails where i ride in the central rockies.
all i see is KTM.
dealer in colorado springs seems to be selling beta's....but if they are.....where are they? they are not on the trails i ride.

i have my 2020 Xtrainer for sale and have had no one interested at all. i know its end of season but NOTHING. i will probably lower the price a bit or wait until spring.

what are your thoughts?

Beta has been selling tons of bikes and I see them frequently. Of course, KTM has a much larger market share.
2018 Beta 300RR
Trail Rider

Postby JoeMaico » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:01 am

This site has always been geared toward discussing Beta issues and their resolutions. It has never been a site for endless rants about which oil is best, and why the new frame is too stiff for hard enduro, etc. As a result, because Betas do not break often, and for the most part we have resolved most of the issues, the number of posts have diminished. Occasionally someone comes up with a new problem and the collective quickly gets to work resolving it. Then, it is back to silence. I for one am glad this site has never degraded to the equivalent of Facebook and other Social Media platforms – as many other dirt bike forums have.

joe
JoeMaico

Postby pscook » Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:22 am

KGAWDTSi wrote:It seems in the past that this forum was very active. Just searching google I get most hits from this site from years ago and I find that info beneficial. I think most people use Facebook groups now but I am not a fan of those. With a forum, the search function is very helpful and on fb groups you just get people asking the same questions over and over again because everyone just wants a quick answer without putting any work into trying a search. Just my thoughts. I prefer forums over fb

I completely agree. I check this forum almost daily because I want to see what's going on "in the Beta universe." I think that we (forum members and Beta owners) are pretty self sufficient and very experienced with dirt bikes in general, so fiddling with bikes is in our nature; also, we know our oil to use (or will research instead of ask random people), our preferred jetting, tires and pressures, and so on. Plus, you can always tell a Beta owner, but you can't tell him much ;) I'm not saying that we are a bunch of know-it-alls, but we definitely know what we need to know.

I do wish that we had some trash talking on here (in a good natured way) because I know that lots of folks have thick skin and a good sense of humor. If we had thin skin, we would own a different brand of bike (pick your favorite color of citrus fruit :) )

Anyway, yeah. I guess it's a decision for folks to come here, and it's a choice to post (or lurk). I really like the attitudes here so I keep coming back, just in case there is something so very Beta specific (or related) that helps me, or that I can help someone else.
pscook

Postby pscook » Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:23 am

JoeMaico wrote:This site has always been geared toward discussing Beta issues and their resolutions. It has never been a site for endless rants about which oil is best, and why the new frame is too stiff for hard enduro, etc. As a result, because Betas do not break often, and for the most part we have resolved most of the issues, the number of posts have diminished. Occasionally someone comes up with a new problem and the collective quickly gets to work resolving it. Then, it is back to silence. I for one am glad this site has never degraded to the equivalent of Facebook and other Social Media platforms – as many other dirt bike forums have.

joe

Yes, yes, and yes. Ask, fix, and move on. No drama.
pscook

Postby KGAWDTSi » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:34 pm

pscook wrote:
KGAWDTSi wrote:It seems in the past that this forum was very active. Just searching google I get most hits from this site from years ago and I find that info beneficial. I think most people use Facebook groups now but I am not a fan of those. With a forum, the search function is very helpful and on fb groups you just get people asking the same questions over and over again because everyone just wants a quick answer without putting any work into trying a search. Just my thoughts. I prefer forums over fb

I completely agree. I check this forum almost daily because I want to see what's going on "in the Beta universe." I think that we (forum members and Beta owners) are pretty self sufficient and very experienced with dirt bikes in general, so fiddling with bikes is in our nature; also, we know our oil to use (or will research instead of ask random people), our preferred jetting, tires and pressures, and so on. Plus, you can always tell a Beta owner, but you can't tell him much ;) I'm not saying that we are a bunch of know-it-alls, but we definitely know what we need to know.

I do wish that we had some trash talking on here (in a good natured way) because I know that lots of folks have thick skin and a good sense of humor. If we had thin skin, we would own a different brand of bike (pick your favorite color of citrus fruit :) )

Anyway, yeah. I guess it's a decision for folks to come here, and it's a choice to post (or lurk). I really like the attitudes here so I keep coming back, just in case there is something so very Beta specific (or related) that helps me, or that I can help someone else.

I do agree. This site is my go to for Beta info. I do check it daily but don’t post much. Th traffic is slow at times but has the best info IMO. All the answers are straight to the point and no bs
2014 Beta 300rr
2007 Honda Cr250r
KGAWDTSi

Next

Return to General Discussions & Announcements