Not looking good for my 2015 300rr

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Re: Not looking good for my 2015 300rr

Postby Timber » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:33 pm

ricoyam wrote:
webmaster wrote:FYI - I checked this person's IP address and he is in the U.K.

jeff

Warranty situation could be different in the UK. I think asking for a complete new motorcycle is a bit greedy on the consumers part. It would be great if it were to happen but I wouldn't ask or expect it. A new complete engine would seem fair and I'd expect Beta would want the untouched engine back for analysis. Id want to do the engine swap myself too, one, because I can and second because I would do a better job then some high school kid that cares more about his paycheck than how happy my weekends in the woods are let alone maintaining his boss's shops reputation.

Willis' anger is understandable though and I hope it all works out.

He shouldn't have to ask!! Here you have a customer that spent top$$$$ for a new bike and it failed in 2 hour. I'm sure he planned on riding his new bike not having it torn apart for weeks or months on end while being fixed. It's greed of the dealer/company to do anything other than give him a new bike. At the very minimum set him up with a demo model so he can ride while his is having a new motor put in. Beta is a top notch company and I'm confident they will do the right thing but you may need to go over the dealers head.
Timber

Postby Be350ka » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:49 am

Timber wrote:
ricoyam wrote:
webmaster wrote:FYI - I checked this person's IP address and he is in the U.K.

jeff

Warranty situation could be different in the UK. I think asking for a complete new motorcycle is a bit greedy on the consumers part. It would be great if it were to happen but I wouldn't ask or expect it. A new complete engine would seem fair and I'd expect Beta would want the untouched engine back for analysis. Id want to do the engine swap myself too, one, because I can and second because I would do a better job then some high school kid that cares more about his paycheck than how happy my weekends in the woods are let alone maintaining his boss's shops reputation.

Willis' anger is understandable though and I hope it all works out.

He shouldn't have to ask!! Here you have a customer that spent top$$$$ for a new bike and it failed in 2 hour. I'm sure he planned on riding his new bike not having it torn apart for weeks or months on end while being fixed. It's greed of the dealer/company to do anything other than give him a new bike. At the very minimum set him up with a demo model so he can ride while his is having a new motor put in. Beta is a top notch company and I'm confident they will do the right thing but you may need to go over the dealers head.

I don't see how a dealer is responsible for issuing a new bike for a mechanical defect of a machine with a valid factory/manufacturer warranty??? The warranty is there for a situation like this. It really is too bad that something like this has happened, but to ask the dealer to just take the bike back before allowing the warranty process to play out is asking way too much. The dealer didn't break the bike...the owner didn't break the bike. Something like this appears to be manufacturer related and BETA will take care of it....under warranty. Beta USA is very good about making sure that their customers are taken care of. I'd hope that the UK division is the same.

That said, the dealer should not drag their feet. Offer a demo for a week while the parts are in transit. Shouldn't take all that long to tear the engine apart to find the issue. Parts in the US are easily obtained and within 5 business days you can have them in your hand. UK parts availability???
Be350ka

Postby Willis7864 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:37 pm

Hi everyone,good news today beta will replace to bike with a new .they are very interested IN having the bike back so they can take it apart and find out what went wrong.
I'm well happy with beta for replacing the bike.thats great customer service
Willis7864

Postby mtdirtbag » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:15 pm

That's great, shows that Beta is concerned about build quality.
14 Beta 300RR
07 DR650
mtdirtbag

Postby GMP » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:18 pm

Yes it is good. Glad that's behind you now, enjoy the holidays.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby Hubert Carpet » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:54 pm

Nice one. Get them to deliver!
2020 200RR.
2014 300RR. Gone but not forgotten.
Hubert Carpet

Postby flybars » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:57 pm

Great news! Did U have to contact Beta or did your dealer handle it? Now U can relax and have a good holiday.
'14 300rr
flybars

Postby ks9mm » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:12 pm

Great to see beta's support like that! I wonder If Ktm would do something like that!

Few years ago, I had issue with brand new MV Agusta after ride home from dealership. 30 miles. MV just replaced the bike. I was more than happy!
2014 Beta 300RR
2015 Husky TE125 (sold)
Husky WR300 (sold)
Husky TE510 supermoto sold
ks9mm

Postby GMP » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:41 pm

KTM customer service absolutely sucks and along with PDS is what drove me away years ago. I have no idea if things have changed, but being they are bigger I suspect not.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby Timber » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:26 pm

Willis7864 wrote:Hi everyone,good news today beta will replace to bike with a new .they are very interested IN having the bike back so they can take it apart and find out what went wrong.
I'm well happy with beta for replacing the bike.thats great customer service

This is what I expect from Beta. 100% top notch company. Don't let some dealer lead you any other way, lots of great dealers out there but when something like this happens they need to work hard for you with the manufacturer.
Timber

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions & Announcements