Best Dirtbike Destination

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Re: Best Dirtbike Destination

Postby Enmerdeur » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:08 am

If you come through Utah let me know. I can show you some excellent mountain single track or if you come when it is cooler we could hit some desert/slickrock areas (Moab, White Wash or San Rafael Swell).
2017 KTM 450 XCF
2014 Beta 300 RR
Enmerdeur

Postby Mark Donovan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:41 am

Loop one the mud bogs, loop two the red clay hill. never did loop three. Gerald took us sight seeing and got lost each time. LOL It's always an adventure that's for sure! We have allot of single track some sections tight and technical. Nothing that can get you killed. I did enjoy the how long the loops are at CMRA. We can combine some of ours to get as many miles as one can stand for a day. We generally get about 75 miles in for the Rad Dad National Enduro we hosted the past few years. We should schedule a huge Beta ride. I will bring the grill and feed everyone that comes.
Mark Donovan
Adventure Off Road
2539 Highway 43 South
Leoma Tn. 38468
931-852-5445
http://www.thebetaclub.com
2014 300RR Race Edition
Mark Donovan

Location: Leoma Tennessee Beta Motorcycle sales/parts/suspension/service

Postby Enmerdeur » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:44 pm

Mark Donovan wrote: I will bring the grill and feed everyone that comes.

Hey I might even show up for that!
2017 KTM 450 XCF
2014 Beta 300 RR
Enmerdeur

Postby Barshoe » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:47 pm

And on you're way to Utah....... you should definitely go to Gunnison, Colorado, home of some of the best single track
in the United States. I've been there three times and barely scratched the surface. It just goes on forever. Google it, I dare you.
While you're there, look up Fritz Kadlek, owner of Gunnison Motorsports and former ISDT medalist. He's a good guy and he'll
send you off in the right direction. Best time to go is July-August, after the snow all melts at high elevation. I'm telling you, it's incredible!
Barshoe

Postby celler » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:45 pm

scooper wrote:Hey everyone,

my brother (xtrainer) and I (250rr) are going to take a trip somewhere to go ride. We live in Western PA. Any suggestions?

We are considering Colorado, Utah, Tennessee? Any feedback will help!

-Seth

I've ridden multiple times in all the places you have mentioned. Can you give me more details on how long you plan to ride and riding level. Do you plan to camp, motorhome, hotel?
celler

Postby scooper » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:35 am

Mark Donovan wrote:If you consider Tennessee Let me know, We have a ridding club in south central Tennessee (NATRA). We have over 5500 acres, lots of single track. $50.00 a year per household. Hard to beat. Just primitive camping or Hotels 20 min away. We have members from as far away as northern Michigan. Our club president is a Beta owner too! If you come I will spread the word and we can have a Beta Group together in no time!

Thanks for the replies everyone!! i think we are ruling out the west due to our laziness to drive that far. Tennessee is definitely interesting to us. Whats better this NATRA or CRMA? Looking for single track as well as some hill climbs. Don't wanna be riding trails that are beat like in a hare scramble though.
scooper

Postby scooper » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:48 am

celler wrote:

my brother (xtrainer) and I (250rr) are going to take a trip somewhere to go ride. We live in Western PA. Any suggestions?

-Seth

I've ridden multiple times in all the places you have mentioned. Can you give me more details on how long you plan to ride and riding level. Do you plan to camp, motorhome, hotel?

We are C level riders in races. We have a travel trailer but we more than likely would end up staying at a hotel or something. we would probably like to ride for a long weekend thursday- monday.
scooper

Postby GMP » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:27 am

CMRA was OK for what we rode and when but the loop 3 is supposed to be tough and rocky. If your not a rock rider it might not be fun. Loop 1 is short, Loop 2 has some hills that look to get rutted out and tougher if it's wet. The wrong line in a mud crossing could ruin your day too. I'd go back but I'd hit up Mark for a ride on the NATRA property first. Might be more fun and less drama.

Do you guys ride in the ANF? This is the first year I haven't been there in awhile. Nice area. Usually family camp in Shefield and ride the Rocky Gap loops and Marienville bike trail. I'm sure you might know other stuff outside the forest.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby Knox Enduro » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:48 pm

If you would like a little TKO training, check with me.
Knox Enduro

Postby celler » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:55 pm

scooper wrote:
celler wrote:

-Seth

We are C level riders in races. We have a travel trailer but we more than likely would end up staying at a hotel or something. we would probably like to ride for a long weekend thursday- monday.

I was a member of CMRA for a number of years even though I lived in Missouri. I like loop 3 and I think it is awesome. The first time I went to the area it was because it was a Trail Ride and labeled "Not for Beginners". This was true and why I really like the place.

I have taken various groups there but usually they were good riders who ran A Enduro for years. They road it but they tended to go for short day and they never returned???. I have a different group that I ride with (Including in Colorado) that I would not take to CMRA. I refer this as old school endure type trails. As others have said loop 1 and 2 are very ride able. The Cabins neat the area are a great place to stay. One last thing. If you are C level now and what to get better - go for it.

Ever think about West Virgina? Gilbert is the most dirt bike friendly place I have been. Granted it is mostly 2 track but some of it very good. The single track they have is very technical. I've heard they have added more but I have not been to the area for many years.

NATRA is good but Mark knows much more than I about the area.
celler

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions & Announcements