Best Dirtbike Destination

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Re: Best Dirtbike Destination

Postby GMP » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:24 am

Used to be a guy over on GGRC that lived in WV and knew it all well. He said single track is limited and tough in spots, like don't go the wrong way because some downhills won't work as uphills. Never been there as I hate to deal with quads but a lot of guys like it.

Celler, I realize we went to CMRA at the worst possible time, but it was a quick mental health trip to escape the NJ winter. I'd love to ride that loop 3 on a good day. Technical rocks we are used too, its that greasy clay thats a little different.

Just a thought, if you guys want a quick weekend trip talk to twowheels about MI. Not too far of a drive either from western PA. Seems like the stuff there is similar to south NJ, sandy pine forest stuff, and not too technical.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby mcnut » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:54 am

...or come a few miles further south for real dirt. :P
mcnut

Postby Hammer » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:16 am

I'm going to plug Caliboogie again!

http://youtu.be/3x_v-WlnyWE
Hammer

Postby GMP » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:49 am

That does look fun. Too much going on in Sept to commit now. Maybe gamble on a post entry. Plus I'd hate to do the 7+ hrs alone. Driving home wadded up sucks, after a couple of those we started a buddy system of sorts.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby Hammer » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:34 pm

GMP wrote:That does look fun. Too much going on in Sept to commit now. Maybe gamble on a post entry. Plus I'd hate to do the 7+ hrs alone. Driving home wadded up sucks, after a couple of those we started a buddy system of sorts.

One more teaser. Check the view at 3:28 and then the amazing piece of trail after it. It will be worth the 7 hours.

http://youtu.be/EXL2vmLHqHw
Hammer

Postby GMP » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:03 pm

I know, I know, my arm hurts from you twistin' it! :D
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby celler » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:29 pm

GMP wrote:Used to be a guy over on GGRC that lived in WV and knew it all well. He said single track is limited and tough in spots, like don't go the wrong way because some downhills won't work as uphills. Never been there as I hate to deal with quads but a lot of guys like it.

Celler, I realize we went to CMRA at the worst possible time, but it was a quick mental health trip to escape the NJ winter. I'd love to ride that loop 3 on a good day. Technical rocks we are used too, its that greasy clay thats a little different.

Just a thought, if you guys want a quick weekend trip talk to twowheels about MI. Not too far of a drive either from western PA. Seems like the stuff there is similar to south NJ, sandy pine forest stuff, and not too technical.

Been on loop 3 many times and it was rarely ever dry since I usually visited in the winter months:)
celler

Postby Mark Donovan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:55 pm

Sounds like there are lots of places to choose from, If you decide on NATRA, maybe we can round up a group of Beta owners and put on a good show that weekend. These guys in this video are from Michigan and they have been coming down in Feb but this year the weather was just as bad here as it was there so they had to cancel. I be they would come down for a Beta convention as most of the guy's in this Video are all now Beta owners. Don told me that now is the first time in 50 years of riding that they are all on the same brand bike! LOL

https://youtu.be/Fg9A6qReNVE
Mark Donovan
Adventure Off Road
2539 Highway 43 South
Leoma Tn. 38468
931-852-5445
http://www.thebetaclub.com
2014 300RR Race Edition
Mark Donovan

Location: Leoma Tennessee Beta Motorcycle sales/parts/suspension/service

Previous

Return to General Discussions & Announcements