"Sticky Notes" at the top

Help us make this place the best it can be!

"Sticky Notes" at the top

Postby aj_mariner » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:37 am

What do people think about having pertinent data in a header at the very top of every topic? The first thing that comes to mind is Barry's suggestions on what to change/inspect after first getting a Beta. This way, the really good info won't get lost in the void...or at least make it easier to find. There is vehicle forum that has a feature like this, and information sometimes gets voted to be a "sticky" or sticky note.

Another suggestion would be to have the ability to donate money to the webmaster of this site. I don't expect anybody to work for free, and would like to contribute to this persons efforts.
‘17 300 RE - gone
‘22 300 RE
aj_mariner

Re: "Sticky Notes" at the top

Postby Survivor » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:18 pm

aj_mariner wrote:What do people think about having pertinent data in a header at the very top of every topic? The first thing that comes to mind is Barry's suggestions on what to change/inspect after first getting a Beta. This way, the really good info won't get lost in the void...or at least make it easier to find. There is vehicle forum that has a feature like this, and information sometimes gets voted to be a "sticky" or sticky note.

Another suggestion would be to have the ability to donate money to the webmaster of this site. I don't expect anybody to work for free, and would like to contribute to this persons efforts.

Good suggestions!
I second that quote from aj_:"Another suggestion would be to have the ability to donate money to the webmaster of this site. I don't expect anybody to work for free, and would like to contribute to this persons efforts.[/quote]"
I have to agree with aj_mariner for the great work of Jeff and it should be rewarded!
Survivor

Postby webmaster » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:57 pm

If you want something stickied - just send me a PM.

That being said - I don't like stickies if they are used too much - reference material belongs in a wiki - not on a discussion forum. You really need to have both. Having 10 stickies at the top of a sub-forum makes it hard to see where the current discussion starts....

jeff
Webmaster
Beta Riders Club
webmaster
Site Admin

Postby aj_mariner » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:52 pm

webmaster wrote:If you want something stickied - just send me a PM.

That being said - I don't like stickies if they are used too much - reference material belongs in a wiki - not on a discussion forum. You really need to have both. Having 10 stickies at the top of a sub-forum makes it hard to see where the current discussion starts....

jeff

10-4. Donations?
‘17 300 RE - gone
‘22 300 RE
aj_mariner

Return to Suggestion Box