RK head for Beta 300 rr

RK head for Beta 300 rr

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:09 pm

Ok after looking at whatever sources and comparing reviews of Beta and ktm owners online I’ve ordered an RK head. It’s got a money back guarantee and the owner Kelsey owns and rides a couple of Beta 300 rr 2015 which he likes and has used for testing . It seems so many have just given rave reviews. I haven’t found anyone saying it wasn’t worth buying yet.

Anyway here’s just a few pics. It just came in the mail. It came quicker than he said it was cooming in. Kelsey is who you talk to and you order the type of head you like.. sea level or elevation or pump or race gas or other choices that you’d have to order yourself to find out.. Im stoked!!! It will be interesting to see how my bike will
hawaiidirtrider

Re: RK head for Beta 300 rr

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:18 pm

Oops guess will put a vid later .. pic considered too big to load
hawaiidirtrider

Postby Rob578 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:30 pm

I tried mine out on Saturday, I'll be very interested to get your impressions
Rob578

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:47 am

Rob578 wrote:I tried mine out on Saturday, I'll be very interested to get your impressions

Which setup did you get? How did you like it?
I went riding today to get a control memory fresh i my brain to compare. Honestly stock is pretty great. Im figuring it ought to be quite great to be so much better. It’s going on in the next few days I think so I can try it this weekend. More torque everywhere will be interesting.
hawaiidirtrider

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:31 pm

hawaiidirtrider

Postby Rob578 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:01 pm

I had the head setup for sea level and pump gas, I usually run C12 but sometimes need pump gas to get back home. I also put a new piston in (even though the old one was perfectly fine) so my first 4 mile loop around my favorite riding area was going to be relatively slow. The bike starts quickly and idles just fine. I take off down the trail and hit the first set of water breaks in 3rd gear,, blip the throttle good like I always do to clear the paddle on the other side of the water break and damn, it launches the bike off the top and I very nearly loop it out. I felt like a total idiot and was very glad no one saw that move. Continue on down the trail and the motor is almost unmanageable, it pulls so hard the front is in the air or the rear is spinning. I had been running the PV adjuster flush and I headed back to the trailer for some adjustments.
I turned the power valve in a turn and a half and that cured the monster hit down low but it is still a raging motor. Kelsey said it was worth a "couple" of horsepower but the butt dyno says it's more than a couple. I may go in another turn on the PV and see what happens. May fatten up the needle also, seems a tad lean.

It really transforms the motor, it even sounds different. Probably the most bang for the buck of any engine mod I've ever done.

The motor also runs a lot cooler.

Can't wait to see what you think about it.

PS I don't work for RK Tech and this is the first product I've ever bought from them.
Rob578

Postby typeone » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:10 am

Rob, 250 or 300? i'd love to try the RK on my 250. i have the Slavens S3 right now and love it... but the RK sounds even better. :!:
'13 250RR / '19 200RR / '22 200RE
typeone

Postby Rob578 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:57 am

Sorry, it's a 300.
The RK Tech head has a very different combustion chamber profile than the stock head, I have no idea if it's better or worse than the Slavens. If I get time this weekend I'm going to put my compression gauge on it and see what I get. I wish I had checked the stock head so I would have a baseline.
Rob578

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:10 pm

Rob578 wrote:I had the head setup for sea level and pump gas, I usually run C12 but sometimes need pump gas to get back home. I also put a new piston in (even though the old one was perfectly fine) so my first 4 mile loop around my favorite riding area was going to be relatively slow. The bike starts quickly and idles just fine. I take off down the trail and hit the first set of water breaks in 3rd gear,, blip the throttle good like I always do to clear the paddle on the other side of the water break and damn, it launches the bike off the top and I very nearly loop it out. I felt like a total idiot and was very glad no one saw that move. Continue on down the trail and the motor is almost unmanageable, it pulls so hard the front is in the air or the rear is spinning. I had been running the PV adjuster flush and I headed back to the trailer for some adjustments.
I turned the power valve in a turn and a half and that cured the monster hit down low but it is still a raging motor. Kelsey said it was worth a "couple" of horsepower but the butt dyno says it's more than a couple. I may go in another turn on the PV and see what happens. May fatten up the needle also, seems a tad lean.

It really transforms the motor, it even sounds different. Probably the most bang for the buck of any engine mod I've ever done.

The motor also runs a lot cooler.

Can't wait to see what you think about it.

PS I don't work for RK Tech and this is the first product I've ever bought from them.

Wow that sounds great!!!

It’s why I thought it would be worth buying. Thanks for the feedback!!!!

Now Im almost thinking Of a tiny bit of buyers remorse... that’s a big Almost!
I went riding Monday in some tech trails and thought to myself that my bike has tons of power. Do I really need more? Of course not lol but I will see. Your description sounds similar enough to what Kelsey . Actually he said “Trust me” so I did.

I like that you say the bike runs cooler. That was my first concern. It’s sounding like it’s like my old 430 Husky in the 80s. .. but with a lot less vibration..It’s sounding more like an old school big bore 2t... in some ways. This sounds fun and exciting!! Now I have a better chance of killing my self flashing back to my 20s :D

Shit.. makes you wonder how the race gas version would be. .. a Big Beta beast!
hawaiidirtrider

Postby aj_mariner » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:30 pm

Does Kelsey recommend changing squish or PV set-point for the various heads?...or is it just bolt on and rip?
‘17 300 RE - gone
‘22 300 RE
aj_mariner

Next

Return to Pictures & Videos