And another ride from New Zealand

And another ride from New Zealand

Postby masta-BETA » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:32 pm

I have uploaded Sundays ride to you tube, one edited of my third lap and one of my second lap, very impressed with how the three hundy pulls from low rpms in slippery tree rooted conditions with a half worn rear tyre. Cheers Richard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4HceNiXYsY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdq5r7svEhg
masta-BETA

Re: And another ride from New Zealand

Postby Balkan boy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:53 am

Nice one, Richard.
What's the pace on these rides? Do people race or joy ride? It seems like you're always passing a bunch of riders.

I guess you won't be cleaning the camera before a slippery hairpin next time. :D
400RR
Balkan boy

Postby masta-BETA » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:02 pm

Balkan boy wrote:Nice one, Richard.
What's the pace on these rides? Do people race or joy ride? It seems like you're always passing a bunch of riders.

I guess you won't be cleaning the camera before a slippery hairpin next time. :D

Hey there, Just set your own pace most guys seem to be out for a joy ride, there's also a few dads with there rug rats so you have to be careful passing them, nothing stopping some guys if they want to race each other.The guy organising these rides has had the odd complaint about my riding he has warned me a few times over the years he was going to ban me from these rides so I have to be mindful of what I think is a good clean pass other riders may not see it that way, have clipped handle bars a few times when passing, I do have to ride through a lot of crap and off the riding line to pass sometimes trying not to take myself out and the rider I'm passing, I do get passed on the odd occasion, if there's 120 odd riders turn up there must be a few that ride at a good pace we may be just on different parts of the track. Tracks can be 15k up to 50k around. When I ride I will do a lap (depending on how many k's around I may do 2) pit gas up throw a handful of soft lollies down me throat and then set off again. When I've been chatting to other riders and they ask how many laps I've done(depending on k's around)I've usually done 2 to 3 more laps than they have. I have noticed my pace is a bit faster than most riders I have had guys following me but they usually peel off after 5,10 or 15 k. Ha ha yeah there were a few corners that were slippery like that one that I nearly went down on, yes have to pick better spots to be cleaning the camera. Cheers Richard
masta-BETA

Postby kernow_ads » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:18 pm

been following your vids on youtube and as i said that bikes a tractor,seems to find grip everywhere great videos
kernow_ads

Postby masta-BETA » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:48 pm

kernow_ads wrote:been following your vids on youtube and as i said that bikes a tractor,seems to find grip everywhere great videos

Hey there, you'd be that dirtjunky fella, yeah your right she's like a tractor down low in the rpm's, its the first time I've really used the low down rpm's and I'm most impressed with how well the three hundy lugs up those slippery slopes.Cheers Richard
Last edited by masta-BETA on Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
masta-BETA

Postby kernow_ads » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:41 am

yes richard thats me mate, makes me want to do a 300 kit on my 250 dont get me wrong the 250 can lug but nothing like yours,may play about with the powervalve as mine comes on the pipe quite early anyhow have fun and keep the vids comming.
kernow_ads

Postby masta-BETA » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:50 pm

kernow_ads wrote:yes richard thats me mate, makes me want to do a 300 kit on my 250 dont get me wrong the 250 can lug but nothing like yours,may play about with the powervalve as mine comes on the pipe quite early anyhow have fun and keep the vids comming.

Just to let you know my power valve adjuster is flush with the housing not sure how this effects the running of the three hundy in the low rpms not really sure what adjusting it in and out means to be honest I just get on it and ride, was gutted at that last ride I had to swing out the kick starter and use it for the first time on my second lap, starter worked sweet as when I set off on my third lap, think its just a dirty connection somewhere haven't checked it out yet one day I might. Cheers Richard
masta-BETA

Postby moto7man » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:48 pm

Great video, your bike sounds sweeeetttt!
moto7man

Return to Pictures & Videos