PNW Single Track, 300RR RE

PNW Single Track, 300RR RE

Postby aj_mariner » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:51 pm

Cold ride again today on a trail close to home.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tam0asBYKSk

Tried watching it on the big computer and the resolution seemed horrible. Hopefully it was just the slow AF internet but let me know if the picture quality sucks.
‘17 300 RE - gone
‘22 300 RE
aj_mariner

Re: PNW Single Track, 300RR RE

Postby mtdirtbag » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:26 am

Looks good AJ, I'm trying to place where you are - East and North of Bellingham? We used to travel to B-ham alot and have good friends there that are involved in motorcycles. Still have a former DIL and grandchildren there. Trail looks to be in good condition for this time of the year.

Tom
14 Beta 300RR
07 DR650
mtdirtbag

Postby aj_mariner » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:35 am

Yup. Mt Baker Highway 542...Go East for about 45 min (as long as your not stuck behind a Canadian) and your in my neck of the woods.
Last edited by aj_mariner on Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‘17 300 RE - gone
‘22 300 RE
aj_mariner

Postby firffighter » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:59 am

Wow, what a beautiful area! Doesn't get any better than that for singletrack!

Thanks for sharing.
firffighter

Postby aj_mariner » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:04 pm

firffighter wrote:Wow, what a beautiful area! Doesn't get any better than that for singletrack!

Thanks for sharing.

It is a quiet slice of heaven. Growing up in Iowa makes me appreciate being surrounded by mountains.
‘17 300 RE - gone
‘22 300 RE
aj_mariner

Postby firffighter » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:31 pm

That's funny you're from Iowa!

My dad's side of the family are all from Iowa. My grandfather came to Oregon fresh off the war to settle in as a engineer for the forest service. He and his new bride fell in love with the amazing PNW and they never looked back. His 1st assignment was at a fire lookouts way up in Mt Hood Natl forest. He would be gone all day at the lookouts while my grandma was by herself in a remote cabin with no phone, no electricity, etc. She is 96 and still says she cried the day they moved in because she was so scared as a young farm girl who'd never seen a mountain, and cried the day they left, because she fell in love with it. He workedhis entire career for forest service in MtHood Natl forest.

Hard to explain out little slice of heaven here in the PNW, but I've traveled across the country, even driven cross country, been to Europe, Central America, etc and the PNW just can't be beat!
firffighter

Postby aj_mariner » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:58 pm

firffighter wrote:That's funny you're from Iowa!

My dad's side of the family are all from Iowa. My grandfather came to Oregon fresh off the war to settle in as a engineer for the forest service. He and his new bride fell in love with the amazing PNW and they never looked back. His 1st assignment was at a fire lookouts way up in Mt Hood Natl forest. He would be gone all day at the lookouts while my grandma was by herself in a remote cabin with no phone, no electricity, etc. She is 96 and still says she cried the day they moved in because she was so scared as a young farm girl who'd never seen a mountain, and cried the day they left, because she fell in love with it. He workedhis entire career for forest service in MtHood Natl forest.

Hard to explain out little slice of heaven here in the PNW, but I've traveled across the country, even driven cross country, been to Europe, Central America, etc and the PNW just can't be beat!

Mt Hood area is awesome, and the Hood River ORV Park is a lot of fun. There is a wild spot there where you can see Rainer, Adams, and Hood all at once. There is also supposed to be tons of sweet trails in Gifford Pinchot Forest by Mt Adams but the main road to most of them was washed out coming from White Salmon. If you came from the North then you had access.
‘17 300 RE - gone
‘22 300 RE
aj_mariner

Postby firffighter » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:50 pm

Ridden Gifford several times. Amazing place to ride! The road from Randle I believe is repaired now, but not 100%.

We can get in from south access.

Some of the best views ever!
firffighter

Return to Pictures & Videos