tree crash on single track

Injuries, Health Issues, Vision & Body Repair

Re: tree crash on single track

Postby NJZoltan » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:11 pm

I'm inspired now. I have many years in front of me to ride.
NJZoltan

Postby ricoyam » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:04 pm

NJZoltan wrote:I'm inspired now. I have many years in front of me to ride.

It passes in the blink of an eye. ☹️

One thing is to try and not take time off. Get your riding in anywhere you can. It's a classic use it or lose it deal. If you take a year off from riding it will take two to get back to where you were.
Rick "Rico" Yamane
'15 430 RS
+20 or so others
S.F. Peninsula
Mechanic/Restorer Chris Carter Motorcycle Collection
ricoyam

Postby GMP » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:10 am

NJZoltan,

Want to see some fast old dudes? Get your ECEA # for harescrambles this year. The competition is hotter than ever.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby NJZoltan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:37 pm

Oh, I've seen them. I ran a few last year but not on my beta. I was riding a Yamaha wr250r dual sport. They are fast. My goal this year is to improve on my times.
NJZoltan

Postby Ross » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:10 pm

Got my 300RR for retirement at birthday #65. Almost had to move it to friends house for protection from wife as has been mentioned. I rode enduro 35 years ago so it's a bike right. I love it. My first real ride got me X-rays and a month off to recover. There are no parts of my body that have not been bruised, but nothing broken. I went out a couple days ago and accomplished the best, most difficult terrain ride of my life. I went down a trail that took me down a mountain that I could never go back up the way I got in so I had to pick my way out it was a real challenge to the absolute limit of my ability and endurance. I have to credit some luck too, there were times I thought I might have to hike out and hire a pro to ride my bike out. I took a few spills that bruised me and sapped my strength but I kept going. The rock hills were downright scarry, but everything was working for me, the jetting was spot on and the Beta tractored in first gear like no other bike I've ever ridden. I had just installed the correct springs for my weight and dialed it in, so the bike was bouncing right. When I got back to a 4 wheeler trail and saw tracks I got my second wind and knew I would make it. It was amazing how easy everything seemed after that. The first thing I noticed was a couple of the trails that used to get my attention were now just a cake walk. I had a new trust in the bike and I just let it bounce over the boulders and tractor on. If I die tomorrow that day and that ride was worth the 9 grand I have in this bike.
Ross

Postby Metalefty » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:29 pm

After I fractured my leg in January and meniscus surgery last week at 49, several family and friends who don't ride had asked me if I was ready to give up riding yet, I said I couldn't wait to get back on, they probably think I'm not right... no , I'm sure of it.
'15 Beta 300RR
'81 Yamaha YZ125
Metalefty

Postby Johnno » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:47 am

If you have all your gear on and do something really radical, no one knows how old you really are.
Loose...
Johnno

Postby hooter » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:29 pm

You guys in the 60+ club are an inspiration! I'm 57 this April and still love to ride. Hope to keep it going as long as I can!
hooter

Postby Bob K » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:49 am

I'm 64 years young. I ride with a bunch of guys that are from under 30 to over 70. I fractured my tibia 6 weeks ago going down a hill that had a big log across the trail.

I just picked up a set of Moibus X8 knee braces. Luckily my wife has not objected to my riding. Currently I have a 13 350 XCF-W and a 15 300RR-RE. I love to go out and ride, I'd miss it if I had to stop.

Bob K.
Bob K

Postby kzoo » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:18 am

Going on 48 yrs (body). Mind is still 17! :lol:

Riding yesterday and had a spill; nothing broken or bleeding (that I know of :lol: ) Landed face down (think belly smacker). Had the wind knocked out of me so bad I had to take my helmet off that vomit :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ... That was a good one! :roll:
kzoo

PreviousNext

Return to Injury & Recovery