Cross training - trials-based enduro techniques & training

Increase Riding Skill, Physical and Mental Training, Weight Loss.

Re: Cross training - trials-based enduro techniques & traini

Postby betajuice » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:30 pm

GMP wrote:+1. Oz is on my list, everyone of you guys I have met have been a blast to hang with. :D

yes most of us have descended from good convict stock so just don't turn your back on us if you have valuables lying around. :mrgreen:

Hammer wrote:My wife a I have been using 6d helmets the last 2 seasons since her traumatic brain injury. I have no scientific evidence that its a better helmet but I did notice that when I clip low trees with the top of my head I don't get what I call the "eye jitters" :lol:

i've actually been liaising with the 6D guys for a year, it's taken that long to access their research and get it validated independently. as we tackle harder stuff, i have hit the ground hard twice just in the past month while wearing the 6D. both times i was a bit dazed for 30 secs or so but not concussed. i can't help wondering if i'd got concussion wearing another helmet. hard to know, but the figures definitely show it will be way better than any other helmet for those lighter impacts....

latest cross training ride, the scariest one i've ever been on. :shock: got an invite from a local rider who is seriously good and into extreme terrain. i was so bruised and battered the next day i spent half of it in bed and did nothing the entire day. i'll really need to get the skills up if i plan on any future rides with this guy.

https://youtu.be/0VDw4sW647Y

betajuice

Postby nevermind » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:48 pm

betajuice wrote:latest cross training ride, the scariest one i've ever been on. :shock: got an invite from a local rider who is seriously good and into extreme terrain. i was so bruised and battered the next day i spent half of it in bed and did nothing the entire day. i'll really need to get the skills up if i plan on any future rides with this guy. https://youtu.be/0VDw4sW647Y

You did great! Pretty smart to opt out of the stuff that doesn't fit in your noggin and go at the rest with reckless abandon. Good showing!
nevermind

Postby T.Read » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:12 pm

I would love to come ride with you guys. Those hills look like a ton of fun. You must me some kind of giant though. You stand up over that bike like it's a mini. I do well to put one foot on the ground! Good think my balance is decent.
2014 250RR Racing
T.Read

Postby betajuice » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:07 am

T.Read wrote:I would love to come ride with you guys. Those hills look like a ton of fun. You must me some kind of giant though. You stand up over that bike like it's a mini. I do well to put one foot on the ground! Good think my balance is decent.

lol i use huge bar risers then fastway pegs which sit lower so i can fit on the beta. in our recent coaching, chris birch kept saying i would need to ditch the bar risers but i get such a sore back and feel so cramped on 'normal' bikes. :?

had fun at a recent sherco ride day, added some comments as lots of guys were asking how i felt the shercos compared to the respective beta and ktm models.

https://youtu.be/Wn2YgT55cY0
betajuice

Postby betajuice » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:39 am

not a training vid but just out practicing a few things, including trying log hops while on steep slippery slopes.

https://youtu.be/7vtQFt9w1yg
betajuice

Postby nevermind » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:54 am

betajuice wrote:not a training vid but just out practicing a few things, including trying log hops while on steep slippery slopes.

You are good Barry, don't let anyone say you are a hopeless gumby. Romaniacs next year??? More rides with Lars???
nevermind

Postby betajuice » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:38 pm

nevermind wrote:
betajuice wrote:not a training vid but just out practicing a few things, including trying log hops while on steep slippery slopes.

You are good Barry, don't let anyone say you are a hopeless gumby. Romaniacs next year??? More rides with Lars???

romaniacs is on the bucket list but i'd need so much training. even with regular riding i'm aching all over after each ride, my fingers hurt and the skin on my hands keeps breaking open.... whinge whinge whinge! definitely in the back of my mind.

i'd be keen to ride with lars again but also know it dramatically increases my chances of broken bones. surprised i didn't get any on that first ride with him!

latest ride vid below. it was very interesting as i put that semi-trials tire on the rear... the motoz hybrid.
and the higher and wider goldentyre GT216 on the front. initial impressions? really like both but will have to test them in a range of conditions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrbN4RknQss

betajuice

Postby betajuice » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:22 pm

sadism and masochism ride:

https://youtu.be/_sCYg0Mje9w

very little in the way of true S&M, more just making our lives difficult for ourselves by taking nasty lines up hills etc. :mrgreen:

definitely enjoying this motoz hybrid rear and goldentyre fat front combo at the moment but keen to get into some serious mud and see if they still perform well.
betajuice

Postby betajuice » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:39 am

rollercoaster ride... just another ride vid and not an actual training vid.

https://youtu.be/5TUP1WPOiPs

essentially just going up and down the same mountain range all day. heaps of fun, great practice but a few sphinter-puckering moments on the steeper descents. :mrgreen:

enjoying the goldentyre fat front tire (100/90-21), i've found all the goldentyres good to date. but that motoz hybrid rear is awesome with the low pressure the TUbliss allows. i'm fairly sure it won't be crash hot in mud (if it ever rains here) but has been brilliant in all the dry terrain to date, at least with the way we ride. on thumpertalk there's a lively thread about various hybrid style tires similar to the motoz hybrid, it would be interesting to try them all but it will take ages to wear this one out.

warning there's a lingerie-clad model in this vid. it may appear to be crass exploitation of women but she was included because of her intelligence, not her looks. apparently she's doing a phd on the inverse relationship between rubber compounds and tire longevity in various soil substrata types.
betajuice

Postby Balkan boy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:25 pm

Barry,
Have you done a video on drop-offs?
I was watching you practice those vertical climbs so I remembered this dread of mine. There are terrains over here where a steep downhill will finish with a vertical drop off. Everything above 60-70cm is scary.
400RR
Balkan boy

PreviousNext

Return to Riding Techniques & Training